Worlds Quarterfinals attendance

Some corps had pretty terrible housing or rehearsal facilities in Michigan City, but the stadium was nice.

I'm waiting for someone from those corps to chime in.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan City was a good time. We got a hotel pretty easy having not realized how far it was and deciding we didn't want to drive back to Columbus after the show. We were able to spend the next day in Chicago which was great for us and the kids. A little disappointed that there wasn't more in the way of advertising around town like banners etc. It was hard to find the location because mapquest was wrong and the field and the highschool were not near each other. Also wandering around trying to find the corps practice area was an adventure as well. I thought the show was well run however and the marketplace and photo locations were definitely perfect. Actually better than finals. I look forward to staying there again next year.

Eric

A vk parent

Crusaders' rehearsal area was a small parking lot.

There were other rehearsal sites, from what I understood. All you needed to do was request additional space.

There were other rehearsal sites, from what I understood. All you needed to do was request additional space.

There was a park. It was too far to walk from the housing site, the field there was somewhere between bad and dangerous to march on, and there were no facilities. It wasn't an option.

I'm waiting for someone from those corps to chime in.

We were at an Elementary School that had one locker room with 2 shower heads with only boiling-hot-lava water (I think it was brought directly from the pit of fire in heck) for 52 members, plus staff and chaperons.

We dealt with it, though. The hose showers were actually nice in the sun! :laughing:

O and dont forget that the parking lot OC had to practice on was also being worked on by construction workers while we were rehearsing, and the field went to 8 steps behind the back hash and to the 30s. Which isnt really ideal trying to do a run though or any practice before quarters, when your show uses the entire field. However, a HUGE thank you to Teal Sound we were kind enough for us to use their field for a few hours, you guys rock =D.

Crusaders' rehearsal area was a small parking lot.

I guess that's what happens when you try to slam three corps into a middle school. We got lucky with the field and the nice gym, along with that hallway to hang in during that tornado. :thumbup:

O and dont forget that the parking lot OC had to practice on was also being worked on by construction workers while we were rehearsing, and the field went to 8 steps behind the back hash and to the 30s. Which isnt really ideal trying to do a run though or any practice before quarters, when your show uses the entire field. However, a HUGE thank you to Teal Sound we were kind enough for us to use their field for a few hours, you guys rock =D.

Hah, maybe we shouldn't have. Could have saved a few points. :w00t:

Michigan City was always one of my favorites when I was marching with ECJ. We had a fairly decent housing site those two years from what I remember compared to some others, but it still wasn't all that great. I wonder who got to stay there this year. Some high school with a huge sundial on the side of the building.

Michigan City was always one of my favorites when I was marching with ECJ. We had a fairly decent housing site those two years from what I remember compared to some others, but it still wasn't all that great. I wonder who got to stay there this year. Some high school with a huge sundial on the side of the building.

I really liked that housing site. It's was top notch for open class. Plenty of showers, i think 4 locker rooms, decent size gym and plenty of rooms for the drivers. The field was decent, complete with the sundial. Good Times.