More uniform guard look in 2008

Was it me or did I notice a trend this year for the color guard outfits tend to be little bit more "uniform" ( I know I am swearing to some of you born after 1987) in appearance. It was nice to see.

No I don't want a return to riding boots and shakos, but the lovely uniforms like SCV in 1988 or 1985, Phantom in 1985 ( the Tchaikowsky in Winter Show) or 1991, or if it fits a theme like SCV 1991, or Phantom or Cavies this year.

Boston's was very nice this year also.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

I liked Crowns Guard uniform alot

Thought Boston was ok Just a little dated looking

PR..very nice and fitting for program

I usually really hate anything BD wears but I thought this years was ok for the theme of the program.

Liked Glassmens and usually dont ,they usually borderline the tacky train as BD does

BStars very fitting for program

Cavies. Fitting also but seemed to be hard as a member to be in kind of cumbersome. ( Maybe not )

Colts VERYYYYYYYYYY dated I thought it was 1985

Madison.. Not bad Didn't bother me like it did others ..on a side note Loveddd the corps jacket color

Just an opinion and as they say " one day you're in and the next you're out "... lol

Was it me or did I notice a trend this year for the color guard outfits tend to be little bit more "uniform" ( I know I am swearing to some of you born after 1987) in appearance. It was nice to see.

No I don't want a return to riding boots and shakos, but the lovely uniforms like SCV in 1988 or 1985, Phantom in 1985 ( the Tchaikowsky in Winter Show) or 1991, or if it fits a theme like SCV 1991, or Phantom or Cavies this year.

Boston's was very nice this year also.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

That was Phantom 87.

And I for one would love to see a top corps go back to the boots and shakos. Just to see if the judges would trust their hands, feet, and bodiwes to sell the work.

Didn't you already start this thread once before?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=117134

Yeah, I did. But people got off-topic on my spelling of trend. It was funny.......but I thought by putting guard uniforms in the title it would help and people would respond to the topic, which they did.

I hope this isn't a sin to do that. If so, I will say 5 Hail Mary's when I play for Holy Day "Assumption of Mary" mass tomorrow night, if not I will confess it at one of the 2 masses I play for on Saturday night, If Catholicism can't help me, then I will confess Sunday morning at the Episcopal Church I also play for. :rock:

I have a busy weekend ahead of me!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Yeah, I did. But people got off-topic on my spelling of trend. It was funny.......but I thought by putting guard uniforms in the title it would help and people would respond to the topic, which they did.

I hope this isn't a sin to do that. If so, I will say 5 Hail Mary's when I play for Holy Day "Assumption of Mary" mass tomorrow night, if not I will confess it at one of the 2 masses I play for on Saturday night, If Catholicism can't help me, then I will confess Sunday morning at the Episcopal Church I also play for. :rock:

I have a busy weekend ahead of me!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Just messin' with you. I was actually going to post in that other thread asking if anyone would post about the actual subject. :rock: