Legends

• 2 weeks later...
Legends did not start in the MCGC, but has done standstill exhibitions for several MCGC events in west michigan.

3 corps in michigan? Besides Lakeshoremen and Legends, may I ask what is the other?

There's actually another senior/all age corps in Michigan...one of our members was in the upper peninsula this summer and ran into somebody from "Marty's Goldenaires" in Bessemer, MI. Obscure...and I think they only do parades and that sort of thing. It was funny, because the guy told our member that the Goldenaires were the only drum corps in Michigan. Hmm....guess they don't get to the lower peninsula too often...

• 2 weeks later...
SteelTown Brass ..... formerly the Bandettes.

Let's not get carried away with stating that Steel Town Brass is in MI just yet. Nothing has been set in stone as to what's going to happen with them. Alot of legal issuses have to be worked out before anything happens with that. The Canadian Govt is not like ours and really not sure when all this MAY happen. Just a word of caution when talking about it.

• 1 month later...

Legends is one drum corps that has taken a smart slow but steady approach to growing a drum corps. The management, Board of Directors, instructional staff, volunteers and all those involved at every level have done a great job staying focused on doing it right vs. allowing competition potential steer them down the path of struggling through a tour.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to DCI next season!

-GM

• 1 month later...