Lucas Oil Stadium

I still think they wanted the Colts to be the first event in there.

That's why the field WASN'T READY for this years Championships !! :smile:

Except they had a high school football game there earlier this weekend....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think they wanted the Colts to be the first event in there.

That's why the field WASN'T READY for this years Championships !! :smile:

Speculation sounds logical, but I'm afraid just not true.....they had high school football games in there on Friday and Saturday night before the first pre-season game. If you saw what really wasn't done during DCI week you'd never have thought they would be ready by the past 2 weekends. UNREAL amount of work went in, including a bunch of concrete work on sidewalks, etc. and on top of the tunnel from the stadium to the convention center. I had the chance to talk with the building manager and he said they had to get the last cranes off of the property before they could put the concrete down. Cranes were still putting signage, a/c units, last minute stuff up.

Here's the most important question... for me: do you think the concourse will hold the souvie marketplace? I don't suppose you have been to the Alamodome or the Georgia Dome to draw any comparisons?

The most logical place for the marketplace within the bowl would be on the concourse inside the north entrance where all the Lucas Oil exhibits are and/or the Bud Light Zone.....but my understanding is that the area just isn't big enough. There is a 40,000 sq ft exhibition space beneath the North entrance that will be enough to house the marketplace, so everything will still fit inside the building. That area has access from loading dock ramps, too, btw, so they should be able to put the trailers down there without having to shlep all those boxes in on carts like they had to do for RCA Dome or Alamo Dome.

Cool. Thanks.

I think I requested 400 then 500 then 300, but I can't remember exactly. Looking at the drawings, that was my concern about the 600 level -- just looked way too high and far away. 400/500 seemed about right for me, but it's hard to tell just from the drawings -- thanks for the additional input!!!!

If I had to buy now I'd go for club seats in the 300-400-500 range. I think you'll be very happy with those.

Question: Are the concourses open to the seating area? I noticed at the Georgia Dome that there was no wall separating the seating area from the concourse - so all that noise from the concourse spilled over into the seating area.

Those who attended finals in 2000 at the University of Maryland may also remember that this was a problem until crews erected screens to lessen the noise/disturbance.

Question: Are the concourses open to the seating area? I noticed at the Georgia Dome that there was no wall separating the seating area from the concourse - so all that noise from the concourse spilled over into the seating area.

Those who attended finals in 2000 at the University of Maryland may also remember that this was a problem until crews erected screens to lessen the noise/disturbance.

The north entrance (#1 side) at both the street entrance and the Bud Light Zone up at the top of the stands/base of the sliding windows, will be open to the field, but no open concourses on the front or back side. Those are all behind the stands. I've been in Georgia Dome for another event and I know what you mean about the noise.

Just an interesting aside: the program for the preseason game against the Bills contained an interview with Bill Pollian. In it, he talked about the benefits that Lucas Oil Stadium provides to the town of Indianapolis, and not just the Colts. The very first organization he mentioned was Drum Corps International, even before the NCAA Final Fours that will be held in that venue. Don't anyone think that this town doesn't appreciate the presence of DCI.

There doesn't appear to be a bad view in the place.

Umm.......

bilde.jpg

THAT is pretty bad!! Apparently there are a few dozen of these gems dotted about the stadium.

That was brought up a couple months ago. Tickets for those seats are not sold. I saw where they were located when I went to the exhibition game, but even though the house was packed, each of those seats were empty.

BTW, was anyone there for the game against the Bengals last night? Ben Davis HS played at halftime, so it would have been a great chance to hear what the acoustics at the Lube will be like.