Thanks From Minnesota Brass

My name is Joel Matuzak and I'm the program coordinator, percussion arranger, and for this weekend, drum major of the Minnesota Brass.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those individuals who personally came up to me and the rest of our corps to congratulate us Sunday night. Through my 23 years involved with DCA and MBI I have many DCA championship memories, but none are as sweet as this. I have been involved with some DCA meetings and have made many friends from other corps, but the amount of positive response that we received after achieving this milestone for our organization and for DCA was truly overwhelming. I have no words to describe my humbled gratitude for all of the well wishes.

I personally want to thank:

Dave Bruni and the Empire Statesmen. I have always known about how much that your fine organization has supported MBI over the years, but I was amazed at your response after finals. What a class act!

Rich Hammond and the Bucs. You are a great champion and deserve all that you have gotten (except maybe one or two drum titles ;) Seriously though, I appreciate all that you have done. Thanks for checking the lot Rich.

Al Murry and Dynasty. No you no us.

the DCA adjudicators.

I have done a fair amount of judging and I know that sometimes when you are seeing a group for only once or twice it is hard to put them up above groups who you have seen many times and are comfortable with. I thank you for your expertise.

That all being said, we didn't win. The Reading Buccaneers did. They are a great corps who has changed our activity for the better. We are proud of being the highest placing non-eastern corps in DCA history, but we will be even more proud if and when we are the the first non-eastern corps to win. See you next year!

MBI,

Wow! What can I say? (I better figure out what to say. Lotsa journalism to crank out.) I sat with Grupp on a street curb late after Finals, stood in a corps area intersection with Dennis T...Y'all seemed in shock, elated shock.

WE, many drum corps fan$, congratulate you.

I've had a campaign for years as I move about corpsdom: Any corps outside the NE needs to get down on their knees and pay homage to MBI for the decades that y'all have banged on the DCA door.

:thumbup::music: Empire Statesmen!!!!!! Top down you are a class act! I was in awe when your entire hornline came over to offer their congratulations to us. You carried yourself as Champions! Thank you!

I'm so humbled by this entire weekend. Being able to march with my daughter is experience of a lifetime. The response to us on DCP, the crowd as Empires was announced in 3rd place, the hornline and staff around us when we were announced 2nd. The guard exploding into each others arms when released. My god what a night, something that will stay with me forever.

Thank you DCA ,Rochester, and the Empire Statesmen for a weekend that will live in Brass history!

My wife and I stayed at the same hotel this weekend with MBI, class acts top to bottom. We are very happy that you guys got a richly deserved score. Congratulations to all of you!