DCUK Celebrates 30 Years In 2009

2009 will see Drum Corps United Kingdom celebrate its 30th consecutive competitive season.Over the coming weeks DCUK will be announcing details of its plans and initiatives for the 2009 season and the first of these is the return of the original logo which has been modernised very slightly from when...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...1&Itemid=39

2009 will see Drum Corps United Kingdom celebrate its 30th consecutive competitive season.Over the coming weeks DCUK will be announcing details of its plans and initiatives for the 2009 season and the first of these is the return of the original logo which has been modernised very slightly from when...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...1&Itemid=39

Now that makes me feel old. I can still remember marching in the first finals at Birmingham (England) and being beaten Dagenham. :tongue:

Now that makes me feel old. I can still remember marching in the first finals at Birmingham (England) and being beaten Dagenham. :blink:

Speaking as a Dag alum...neener neener!! :tongue::blink:

Kinda ironic that SCV was the corps that turned John Johnson on when he started forming DCUK....yet he modeled HIS corps after BD!

Edited by 84BDsop

Speaking as a Dag alum...neener neener!! :tongue::blink:

Kinda ironic that SCV was the corps that turned John Johnson on when he started forming DCUK....yet he modeled HIS corps after BD!

I hate bad winners! I accept the irony however as the Blue Eagles were then modelled on SCV. As a parting shot I would like to suggest that we lost finals rather than you winning them :blink:

I hate bad winners! I accept the irony however as the Blue Eagles were then modelled on SCV. As a parting shot I would like to suggest that we lost finals rather than you winning them :tongue:

Nah....Conquest Alliance tied us....not the other way around!

we all know who should have won........and they played big noise from winnetka!!! :tongue:

CA had a good show, as a matter of fact...I really liked their closer..."Touch Me in the Morning" was done classic drum corps style.

Our pit had a bad show by their standards...a few of them looked really worried when we came off the field. The cymbals, on the other hand, had a great show...Charlie and I were stoked!

CA had a good show, as a matter of fact...I really liked their closer..."Touch Me in the Morning" was done classic drum corps style.

Our pit had a bad show by their standards...a few of them looked really worried when we came off the field. The cymbals, on the other hand, had a great show...Charlie and I were stoked!

neutrals have been heard saying it was the most talented plate line in history! :tongue:

neutrals have been heard saying it was the most talented plate line in history! :tongue:

Heh....I think we WERE about the only plate line that got actual comments from the drum judge....really hard to do proper visuals with only 2 pair, tho...we certainly tried!

Nah....Conquest Alliance tied us....not the other way around!

I think age has adled your brain. Conquest Alliance were'nt even in the 1980 DCUK Finals. It was the old rivalry of Dagenham vs basildon that year! :tongue: