OYPA finalizes shows for XI!

After a very low scoring season for all corps, OYPA decided to get a head start on programs and the season to make XI as competitive as possible! The organization is creating a persona having all three groups taking on proggressive and challenging music. Here are the show announcements-

Titan Regiment presents:

Atrum Animus (Dark Minds)

Opener- Ride by Samuel R. Hazo

Drum feature- Turbine by John Mackey

Ballad- Lux Arumuque by Eric Whitacre

Closer- Door to destiny by Klaus Badelt

Atrum Animus follows a young man that wakes up in a mysterious and dark place; his mind. As he wanders through the labyrinth that is his mind, he encounters his past in Ride, but is pulled away by his dark past in Turbine, eventually escaping. The young man continues through the maze and soon discovers the memories of past love in Lux Arumuque making his heart ache as he remembers his one true love. Desperate to find his way out, the young man sprints through the maze in Door to Destiny only to fall short in the end, back to where he started as the corps leaves the field without him.

Royal Squadron presents:

Progressive Aggression

Opener- Burley Brawl by Don Davis

Ballad- Helen's Theme (from Candyman) by Philip Glass

Drum Feature- Synchrotone (from Black Hawk Down) by Hans Zimmer

Closer- On the Waterfront by Leonard Bernstein

Progressive Aggression opens very fast paced with intense visuals mixing with intense music as a single guard member battles the guard, then the hornline, then all together defeating the guard member in Burley Brawl. After the defeat, the member feels lost and down vowing never to fight again in Helen's Theme. While wandering the field in Synchrotone, the member is attacked again, leaving the member no choice but to defend. The battle rages on back and forth between the member and everyone else in On the Waterfront, forcing the member to push hard to the end and achieve victory. But there are survivors, and revenge waits.

Viper Brigade presents-

The Afterlife-

The Afterlife follows the murder of a beautiful young woman at the hands of her uncle. In Ghosts, we withness the murder of the woman. The woman wakes up and makes her way through her graveyard, watching her own funeral, seeing the man that killed her. In Hymn to the Fallen, she cries out for help at the people mourning her death. In Tempered Steel, angered that nobody knows the murderer is the uncle, the woman decides to get revenge, haunting the man to insanity. The story has just begun.........……

Opener- (DEATH)Ghosts by Stephen McNeff

Ballad- (Funeral)Hymn to the Fallen by John Williams

Closer-(VENGENCE)Tempered Steel by Charles Rochester Young

End- Original Music by Ken Wilson

Edited by OCcontrakid

Any comments?

Any comments?

Yeah: boy is this place dead.

Interesting song choices for "Progressive Aggression." Any chance you'll actually compose the closer to "Afterlife" for all of us to hear?

Edited by hostrauser

Yeah: boy is this place dead.

Interesting song choices for "Progressive Aggression." Any chance you'll actually compose the closer to "Afterlife" for all of us to hear?

Yes, I'm going to be working on it late tonight

Excellent. I'm attempting to compose an all-original show for Glory of Eden next season. I've got the opener done and am working on the middle section now. We'll see how everything turns out.

yea, I had some set backs last night, and I've got work with teaching the marching band tonight, so I'm hoping to have it up on tuesday.

I am also in the works of a show for Titan Regiment's XII program! I'm almost done with it.