Boston Crusaders Plymouth Show Video

Hello everyone...Another Plymouth show in the books. This was my second as a member of the Boston Crusaders Sr. Corps, and certainly my best! What a night. I have to say I enjoyed every minute, from watching the corps set up and practice in the afternoon. Of particular note, I enjoyed the Light Brigade, Ct. Alumni, and The Defenders....of course that is all I got to see, so not much of a stretch I guess. At night my wife and I sat and watched everyone warm up in the parish hall, and that was cool in itself. I contend there is as much of a show going on in the warm up room as in the auditorium!

There is something about putting on a Boston Crusader uniform. From my younger years in the 60's, when I would sit wide eyed and watch them on the field to now when I put it on, played the corps song, and then sang it. To see those who were TRUE alumni of the corps shed tears in the warm up room was truly an experience to behold! Gave me a HUGE amount of pride and honor to carry on a tradition long before my years on Gods green earth! Thanks to everyone who truly makes marching with this corps an experience I had long thought would not exist again.

Last year my dad was lying in a hospital bed, but first thing Sunday morning I was there with the video for him to watch. This year he is gone, and I no longer had that chance to see his excitement for me, but I know he was there somewhere. I could just see him grinning ear to ear!

Anyone looking for a place to play drum corps again...come on down. First practice is January 4th, and you won't find a warmer bunch of drum corps nuts, ANYWHERE! And, from what I understand, what is planned will be a blast from the past for sure!

Here are the links to our performance. Crank it up, sit back and enjoy!

Part 1:

Part 2:

I enjoyed your performance very much. Your corps looks better everytime I see it. I was especially impressed by the drum line (and I am a brass player). They showed a lot of chops and play well together which is a challenge for an alumni corps. I will have to check out a rehearsal now that Light Brigade is a memory.

I enjoyed your performance very much. Your corps looks better everytime I see it. I was especially impressed by the drum line (and I am a brass player). They showed a lot of chops and play well together which is a challenge for an alumni corps. I will have to check out a rehearsal now that Light Brigade is a memory.

The Light Brigade is a very fond memory, and congratulations on pulling it all together Saturday!

C'mon down. January 4th, at 1, and the famed Prince Palace in Melrose. We will be having our first open house.

I have allot of respect and admiration for EVERY corps there. We are all holding on to the same dream of our glorious past. You spoke of tradition in the post on Steve's thread. There is no tradition more steeped than that of the Crusaders. Plus it's really cool to still have the young'uns to play for. Our group is extremely family like. We genuinely care for each other, and cheer each other on in what ever we do. I know there are other corps out there, and I am not taking anything away from any of them, as they are all filled with great guys and gals. But come sit down a spell and check us out for who we really are. You won't regret any time you spend with us. Trust me! I mean we are doing a cruise together in June...Yeah, that's how much we like each other! :tongue:

Ok, enough said...See you in January!