Hawthorne Caballeros

Yes it was a really nice turn out. In talking with a few people I got positive feeback which is a good thing and in a perfect world they all would stay, but we all know as time goes by things happen. Schedule conflicts money school Jobs babies etc.

So I would like to add. Maybe you were planning on attending but because of the holiday or weather or some other commitment you could not. You also might still be looking for a place to march. Just because you heard some decent numbers that does not mean not to come. This was not the end all, this is just the begining. Still come down and check things out for yourself. We all know things change. No drill has been written so nothing is set in stone yet. You will hear when we are close to setting the final numbers. That probably is a few months away so until that day come down be a part of it. On the flip side don't wait till the last minute.

The last thing is. I hate talking numbers Number smumbers. Whatever it may be in the end I know this

1: The show will be entertaining

2: You will meet new people. That will turn into new friends hey maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend or wife or husband etc. (no this is not Caballero dating but you get the jist)

3: Learn alot . Which some of our younger members have used to help them make their Dream DCI corps. For us older folk made us better players/Spinners ( hey before I could only so/so read music, now I can read alot betterer Hookie on phaanoics works for me... ok Still learning) (($1 to Brian Regan))

4: You will Have fun. (we work hard but play hard to)

5: Get in shape

6: Get a great tan with funny tan lines which makes for a good story at work (yes I tan too)

7: Have a summer of memories

8: You will become part of the Caballero 62 year history.

Yeah Ok some might think I am selling or whatever so be it. I am excited about this year and well I like to share things I am very proud of so come on down.

I still maintain that I have the best tan lines in the corps...considering I STILL after 3 months of no sun/knee braces look like a zebra...

And yes..I got chills playing the ballad...it was amazing. The last time I was actually at the first rehearsal in the horn line was back in 2000 when I first marched with a horn. Even playing the Bull Call was amazing... I'm so totally psyched for this season, and can't wait to meet all of my new "family members."

All I have to say is WOW.... 18 days can't come soon enough!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIXTEEN short days left now :thumbup:

Hey Roger...15 days Left...are you going to make an appearance?

Hey Roger...15 days Left...are you going to make an appearance?

Considering I'm working until almost dark both days, unfortunately I cannot :tongue:

But for all the rest of you - FOURTEEN days left !

We will miss you.... and then there were 12 days till our first full camp.

We will miss you.... and then there were 12 days till our first full camp.

Aw, shucks - The second best thing to being there is being missed :thumbdown:

That would now, be, let's see, um, ELEVEN days left !

Ten Days till our first full weekend... Can't wait to get started...

9 days till our first Full Camp...If you missed our Open House and you are still interested in performing with the Caballeros we need you. Please get in touch. cabscontra@aol.com or go to our web site at www.cabs.org and fill out a membership interest form to get the latest on the Cabs. Hope to see you there...

Hey I've never been to Hawthorne ;)

At some point in everyone's drum corps career they should take a trip to Post 199 in Hawthorne NJ... So much drum corps History in one tiny American Legion Post. The walls echo history....I was there this past Sunday for our alumni rehearsal.. So many faces from the storied past of the Caballeros. Then next weekend the future...It is unique for sure....