Memphis Sound Virginia Audition This Saturday!

For all of those in the Virginia area interested in auditioning for Memphis Sound...HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!

Auditions are this Saturday (December 6th) from 12-5 at the Fuqua School in Farmville, VA.

Please visit the Memphis Sound website at www.memphisdrumcorps.org for more info!

Audition is tomorrow in Farmville! (just outside of Richmond)

Registration starts at 11am

12-2pm Individual Auditions/Interviews

2pm - 4:30pm Group Auditions/Rehearsal

5pm Auditions complete and Ratings received

Audition is tomorrow in Farmville! (just outside of Richmond)

Registration starts at 11am

12-2pm Individual Auditions/Interviews

2pm - 4:30pm Group Auditions/Rehearsal

5pm Auditions complete and Ratings received

Ratings received? What does that mean? (Sorry, I'm an old phart).

Students are given a 1, 2 or 3 based on their audition. 1s and 2s are invited to the Dallas Camp in January. 3s may attend the Camp as a clinic to helping them march Memphis Sound for the following year.

Students are given a 1, 2 or 3 based on their audition. 1s and 2s are invited to the Dallas Camp in January. 3s may attend the Camp as a clinic to helping them march Memphis Sound for the following year.

Wow! My how things have changed since my days of drum corps. You have that many kids that you actually CUT people? I would think that when you're trying to BUILD a program, you would develop your talent from within, and get as many kids as possible on the field to experience the glory of drum corps. Congrats, though, on your ambition!

I am impressed with Mr. Green so far..new website (which looks great and clean btw) more opportunities for out of Staters to audition, which is a great idea in todays drum corps....as well as the impressive effort in networking.

Good luck to Memphis Sound!

Wow! My how things have changed since my days of drum corps. You have that many kids that you actually CUT people? I would think that when you're trying to BUILD a program, you would develop your talent from within, and get as many kids as possible on the field to experience the glory of drum corps. Congrats, though, on your ambition!

People have a mindset that a big program is a healthy program. Building a program is just as much about having quality as having quantity in membership. A large corps that sounds like poo won't be nearly as attractive to prospective members as a slightly smaller group with an amazing sound. That's just my $.02 though.

People have a mindset that a big program is a healthy program. Building a program is just as much about having quality as having quantity in membership. A large corps that sounds like poo won't be nearly as attractive to prospective members as a slightly smaller group with an amazing sound. That's just my $.02 though.

With the quality of the instructional program at Memphis Sound, I seriously doubt that they'll "sound like poo," regardless of the size of the corps. Imho, finding ways to give more young people the chance to experience drum corps is the way to go. Forget about the competitive stuff, that will take care of itself, especially if the kids are having a great time.