K-90 (Definite BD horn) for sale (and some other horns)

ContraBuddy

Hey everyone,

I've got money probs and am facing being evicted unless I can come up with $2500 by 12/12/08.

I've got no choice but to see what I can get for my K-90 and my other G bugles. Here's what I've got:

King K-90. Serial Number 881898. She's got the 2 'U' braces, as well as the tuning marks on the main slide. She's pretty much confirmed as one of Blue Devils original set of 8. Here's a copy of an email from John Meehan:

"My Dad no longer has the tuning guide, so we struck out there. Wayne is almost positive it is a BD horn. By any chance, are there "marks" on the main tuning slide? That would be a give away it is a BD horn. Depending on when it was used, it might have marks or residue of finger nail polish :). "

She's in what I'd say is VERY good shape. Just has a lot of tarnish and has the usual worn plating, but no serious dents.

Also, ALL slides & both valves work easily and as they should.

DEG Dynasty II 2 valve bari. Serial # A2498. She's in good shape, with only a few minor dents.

DEG Dynasty II 2 valve sop. Serial # 4330. In excellent condition.

Olds UltraTone V/R contra. Serial # 011652 In excellent condition except for a small crack right above the water key. It's taped over and now air-tight.

Olds UltraTone V/R bari, with hard case. Serial # 009117. Excellent condition.

Olds UltraTone V/R sop. Serial # 016524. In good shape. Top tubing connection to the rotor needs to be resoldered.

Getzen Titleist single piston french horn. Serial # B8331. Fair condition, some crinkle on the bell.

Probable Getzen Titleist single piston sop. Serial # 2012. Pretty rough condition, but playable. Brass finish (where there IS finish), some corrosion. This sop was use in St. Nicholas Cadets all-girl corps in the late 50's - early 60's.

I know the V/R's and single valve bugles aren't worth much nowadays, but I have a week to get $2500, so, I'm listing them all. If you live anywhere near Dover, Delaware, I've got a lot of other things for sale as well.

Since I need the money so fast, payments would have to be an over-nighted money order, PayPal to my sister's account or a Westren Union Moneygram.

So, make an offer, or offers....

Thanks for reading this.

Bill

PS: Here a link to pics of the K-90:

My K-90 pics on TubeNet

Edited by ContraBuddy

BUMP! Help a brother out and get him some cash SOON, folks!!!

Hope you found a buyer for the horns. I live in Camden-Wyoming and didn't know that there were too many other drum corps people in Delaware. A Cabs Alumni baritone friend of mine also lives in Magnolia. Best of luck!

• 6 years later...

I used to be "Periphery" (who posted this on TubeNet for you nearly seven years ago).

Did you ever sell the Ultratone piston/rotor contra? I am currently looking for one, or for a specific part at least.

Hope you're still around here. I see that you last logged in in 2010, so I am not holding my breath, but if you find this, even years from now, please respond here. Thanks!

Wade

Edited by BAT Man