Dagenham Crusaders Alumni To Perform At DCUK

DCP NewsFeed

Plans are underway for the Dagenham Crusaders Drum Bugle Corps to field an Alumni/ Reunion corps for DCUK's 30th anniversary at the 2009 British Drum Corps Championships.The organisers therefore call on all ex members who would wish to be part of this project to get in touch. There...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...2&Itemid=39

Plans are underway for the Dagenham Crusaders Drum Bugle Corps to field an Alumni/ Reunion corps for DCUK's 30th anniversary at the 2009 British Drum Corps Championships.The organisers therefore call on all ex members who would wish to be part of this project to get in touch. There...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...2&Itemid=39

Sam? I think you qualify as alumni. Are you going?

One of the contact people -- Dexter Roberts -- happens to be the 86 DM...I dropped him a line...we'll see if Dag's "token Yank" can possibly make an appearance....I'd like to hit the plates again, since that's what I played with Dag.

It's an awful long way to go for one show, even if it WOULD include DCUK finals...maybe I can make a vacation out of it with my wife....dunno....I have NO idea how much it costs even NOW for a flight to the UK...that ALONE would be a deal-breaker.

Cathy Clark, BD's 91 DM, DID come over from Germany for the 07 alum gig, but she also made a loong trip out of it...from Stanford through DCI finals...I don;t know if it would be the same for me.

We got a spare room here if you want to make it over sam. Theres a bunch of us going to DCE in Holland the week after too so you could tag along and sample the Dutch hospitality!

Well, that WOULD take care of the housing issue, which would cut the cost down...I saw what I think are round trips for around teh $600 mark while checking just for the heck of it last night, but who knows what'll change in 9 months? Finals are also at the beginning of my fencing season, and I may not be ABLE to pass up working a tournament...I won't know until July, really.

As for Dutch hospitality....like certain parts of Amsterdam?? :devil:

heh