FFCC Premier Results

Meaghatron

Just now noticed this Florida-related thread, so I don't have the pleasure of reading the initial "review," which sounds as if it must been particularly classless.

Yeah, MHSmirage, I bet you're right. The person who made that post probably was about 15 years old and was honked-off because his/her guard finished 4th out of the five guards in their division.

We'll get a couple more of these during the course of the season, I'm sure.

And how much do you want to bet that the ugliest ones of all will be from some "parent" or "supporter" of an otherwise well-respected group who can't stand the fact that their kid's guard "got beat" by such-and-such guard from across town.

Unfortunately, it happens every year.

Believe me, I have plenty of "opinions" about the guards that I get to see each season. And some of those groups simply "aren't my cup of tea." But there are plenty of ways to get that point across without being intentionally malicious, antagonistic and cruel.

And that's not to say that every post needs to be candy-coated and sprinkled with warm, fuzzy thoughts.

Seriously, it's okay to NOT like something. You can even be "upset," if you like. Real people certainly do experience a legitimate range of emotions.

Just show some class.

If as an adult or parent you simply can't do that, then don't join this community. Go take out your Freudian aggression on someone who can defend themselves right to your face.

Don't use this forum to trash a group of 15-year-old high school students who have neither the ability nor the low-standards necessary to confront you.

Thanks, Trish, for monitoring these discussions and deleting that kind of hostile, belligerent garbage.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I defend South Floridians, too, MHSmirage...!!!

As a resident of South Florida for nearly 10 years now, I'm a defacto native. I've pretty much seen it all down here. From West Palm Beach to Key Biscayne, I've been there and done that.

And aside from the occasional, uh, "hand signal" that you might get on I-95 during peak traffic hours, I think South Floridians are definitely a great bunch of people. I wouldn't stay here if that weren't the case.

South Floridians, unite...!!!

Scrolling back now to read all this to see if it should be closed...I'll let you know!

Good luck to all the guards in the Florida circuits. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone perform and I do hope the folks are gentler with me when I do a review of the Orlando regional; one of my favorite regionals. Shout out to Braddock, NEI, Fahrenheit, The Knights, and Freedom. Just a few of my favs until I start writing and then everyone is my fav..... :)

Irving

Fan of the Arts