Recent Ageout looking to get back in it

Hi again, we presently practice in Abington, MA. It's 20 miles south of Boston. We also compensate our members for parades.

Wonderful! i used to march in Burlington mass with the Citations. SO about the same area? i shall be exploring your website.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful! i used to march in Burlington mass with the Citations. SO about the same area? i shall be exploring your website.

Well, they are slightly northwest of Boston. We are directly south of it. You would come right through Boston, so, I hate to inform you that it would be an extra 25 minutes over Burlington.

But check us out and email me if you wish. I can give you more particulars. email: pathway500@yahoo.com

Thanks

John

hey all. ive been doing something with Drum corps since 2002 doing a parade corps up here in maine for 4 years then Citations in Mass in 2007 and finally Spartans in 2008. Im looking for somewhere to take me into thier corps family. I work full time and have a family so im not looking for like my DCI days. Some place fun and friendly any ideas? Thanks everyone for reading this!

PS help with a ride would be great and my true dream someday is to be part of the blue team, but not this very day as my distance is a big burden!

Thanks!

Derek Pellerin

Derek,

My suggestion is to come to one of our rehearsals, and try out us and any other corps you may be thinking about. You'll understand the commute and get a 'feel' on how the corps operates, how the staff run rehearsals and what they are about etc... Then make your decision.

As was mentioned by someone else, we are growing and this year is looking to be great and the best in recent memory. There's a lot of stuff going on that has not been announced yet. Stay tuned for more info.

We had some Maniacs, but they are in the a-line now and don't come to every rehearsal, but we do have someone from the Seacoast so you might be able to cut down some of your drive time.

Dave

I agree with Dave from Muchachos. Check out a few possibilities before you make a commitment. If you have a family, you'll want to consider the impact on everyone. Driving 3 hours each way for a three hour rehearsal isn't like driving that distance for a weekend camp. The former makes for at least a 9 hour day and when you add in social time, you're looking at 10 to 12 hours. Plus, if the corps rehearses during the week your drive time might not mesh with your work schedule.

I agree with Dave from Muchachos. Check out a few possibilities before you make a commitment. If you have a family, you'll want to consider the impact on everyone. Driving 3 hours each way for a three hour rehearsal isn't like driving that distance for a weekend camp. The former makes for at least a 9 hour day and when you add in social time, you're looking at 10 to 12 hours. Plus, if the corps rehearses during the week your drive time might not mesh with your work schedule.

Thank you so much everyone! Muchachos seem to be great ive met a few people from there, and actually one of the support staff members last summer at spartans is a member. ive heard alot of good!

Hey Derek, Move your family out of that cold frozen state of Maine and come to sunny and warm SoCal. Then you can march with SoCal Dream.

:thumbup::rolleyes: Haha!

You have so many options of quality programs to march with back there, check out as many as you can and get to know people in the organization. Then make the decision which drum corps family you want to be adopted by. Good luck and where ever you end up, have fun and enjoy!

Hey Derek, Move your family out of that cold frozen state of Maine and come to sunny and warm SoCal. Then you can march with SoCal Dream.

:thumbup::rolleyes: Haha!

You have so many options of quality programs to march with back there, check out as many as you can and get to know people in the organization. Then make the decision which drum corps family you want to be adopted by. Good luck and where ever you end up, have fun and enjoy!

You know i was in good old Cali during 2007 DCI tour and i couldn't of been happier. Even took a palm lave home. Still got it next to my full corps picture. Its true what they say when its in you you cant stop! i just need a new home even if its cold u[p here there's a warm corps out there for me!

You know i was in good old Cali during 2007 DCI tour and i couldn't of been happier. Even took a palm lave home. Still got it next to my full corps picture. Its true what they say when its in you you cant stop! i just need a new home even if its cold u[p here there's a warm corps out there for me!

bump

Hi we would love for you to come down and check us out at Saint Kevin Emerald Knight. We practice every other Sunday. This Sunday were at the Amvets Post 51, 9 Amvet Lanes, Randolph, MA. We current have 44 horns, 20 in the drum line and it's growing each week. Check out website www.stkevinemeraldknights.com. If you have any questions, please send me an email and I would be happy to any question you may have. tfarr2000@yahoo.com

Hi we would love for you to come down and check us out at Saint Kevin Emerald Knight. We practice every other Sunday. This Sunday were at the Amvets Post 51, 9 Amvet Lanes, Randolph, MA. We current have 44 horns, 20 in the drum line and it's growing each week. Check out website www.stkevinemeraldknights.com. If you have any questions, please send me an email and I would be happy to any question you may have. tfarr2000@yahoo.com

Ive emailed a bunch of corps in the general New England area. The biggest thing is finding a ride so its not like a 5 hour drive for me.