New Magic of Mobile Information

I'm assuming the last thread got closed because people started to bash Magic. Please do not do this. Providing a DCP search for Magic, also does not help with new information about the corps.

It looked like Magic was going to be a good thing for the activity. He had a good staff, and could provide the musical community in the south another avenue of performance and education.

I know that the director, John Dunnam, has spoken with some other southern corps to gain the information and knowledge that he lacked. Kudos to the corps that is extending an olive branch and trying to make right the happenings in Mobile.

The thread was intended to uncover new information that some of the insiders might know. I know that John Dunnam frequents DCP, and thought he might provide some insight into how the progress is going in Mobile.

Hello All,

This is John Dunnam, Executive Director of Magic of Mobile.

There has ben some activity from the Board of Directors and myself. I would now like this chance to explain alot.

There was alot of things that went into the folding of Magic of Mobile. We did have 501©3 Status. We were an umbrealla organization from another 501©3. Money was an issue, and we had issues within the administration and within the regular staff. I know there are alot of rumors floating around also. But let me be the first to say that, in my actions as Executive Director, I regretably did not make the right choices; there fore Magic of Mobile folded. I did hire a world class staff, and to the people that was on the staff, it was damaging to their professional circles, and I do apologize for that.

In that, Magic is a tarnished name no matter what you try to do to fix it. Magic of Mobile will not come back out. We are reevaluating the situation and we are seeing what will come of it. If we do decide to field, we will come out under a new name and will be waiting for DCI to announce us.

This has been bad enough for everyone involved and personally, I am upset at the personal attacks that have been made. I know what I said about Mr. Golding was really unprofessional. I do apologize for any wrong doing I may have caused. I just want to put this all behind and move on. There is no use in beating a dead horse into the ground further than it already is.

Yes, a Drum Corps did extend an invitation to learn under their Administrative Staff and I am very, very thankul for the opportunity. In the camp that I have already attended, I have learned alot of very valuable information. I was very impressed that the staff showed open arms and welcomed me in and are helping me in trying to possibly get a corps in Mobile.

If anyone feels that they want more of an explanation, please contact me first. magicdrumcorps@yahoo.com

Keep it off the boards.

Sincerely,

John Dunnam

Executive Director

Mobile's Drum Corps

Well, that would seem to be that.