Best and most unique ways to raise funds....

Then how will you pay for college if every penny is being banked for drum corps???

Don't get me wrong I happen to be getting a job, but living on your own and paying for college too takes a lot out of the wallet.

In addition to sending out sponsorship letters to everyone in your family and family friends, you should consider making a presentation to your local service groups. Last year we had four OC members from Astoria and they made presentations to the Rotary, Lions, Elks, and Kiwanis. All four of the groups made contributions. We also held four car washes and made over $400 for each one. Every little bit adds up and suddenly you are paid up.

Ask neighbors and friends to donate stuff they have stored away in their closets and attics that you can sell on eBay. My son did that a few years ago and raised over $800. It is really true that one man's junk is another's treasure. His biggest money makers: The original boxes from his Grandpa's old Lionel trains.