new virtually indestructable rifle-- X-factor

N Murphy

claims you dont' need to tape it, and that it comes as a base weight, and you can add weights to make it heavier if you wish.

Says it's maintenance free, 100% recycalable, made of molded polyethylene polymer. This rifle also comes in colors. BRIGHT colors. eww (my opinion)

is this the rifle that George Miller and sons was developing? their website says they were coming up with a rifle that would not break.

Any thoughts? Who's going to try it first?

The first thing I thought of is that it's the Air-blade material shaped like a rifle. in other words, made out of car bumper. I kind of want to spin one, but don't want to spend the $50 to investigate. maybe they'll have one at Dayton that I can spin.

BTW-- this is in the new ALGY catalog (I just got mine yesterday). I don't know if it's in any others yet. I doubt that it's an ULTIMATE (George Miller and Sons), because Algy sells Elite brand sabres and rifles.

After the bad luck we have had this winter with rifles I welcome any new material that is more durable.

I have never had so many rifles break so quickly as I have this year.

After the bad luck we have had this winter with rifles I welcome any new material that is more durable.

I have never had so many rifles break so quickly as I have this year.

I have spun this new rifle, it is light without the weight system. I recogmend you get the weight system also. I have tried and tried to break mine it can not be done. I have even thrown it at the parking lot where we practice. They come in colors also! The catch noise is louder than wood. As with anything new it will take some getting used to but to have a rifle last you for years is a great concept! Where I live it is very cold and the plastic doesn't seem to hurt as much when you catch solid in the cold. I am a fan.

• 2 weeks later...
the butt into the neck area look oddly shapped.. the neck looks really thick..... do they spin differently than the other rifles???????

It is a little thicker but nothing that would take a lot of getting used to. They spin differently but again not much.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how people are claiming to have spun these.

At Dayton they only had an unfinished prototype available and wouldn't let anyone spin it because it wouldn't be the same as the finished product.

The rep was really upset that she couldn't answer all the questions people asked and didn't have a finalized version for people to check out.

The rep at Mcormicks took the rifle off the shelf and let me spin and toss it. The sample she had was not weighted. I actually liked the way it spun and would consider buying them for my group. I will probably order one and test it out prior to buying a whole set.

Funny how people are claiming to have spun these.

At Dayton they only had an unfinished prototype available and wouldn't let anyone spin it because it wouldn't be the same as the finished product.

The rep was really upset that she couldn't answer all the questions people asked and didn't have a finalized version for people to check out.

Do you think that they have had no one spin these before producing them? There are a small handful floating around some are early prototypes and some are more recent.

Do you think that they have had no one spin these before producing them? There are a small handful floating around some are early prototypes and some are more recent.

I just think it's odd that people are saying how great it is when there's not a final product to really test. That's all. Also wondering why the rep let some people spin the prototype but not others...

Edited by quegrawks