WGI DAYTON!

Okay, so I thought I'd throw up a quick post about the upcoming events. ..since they're almost here. Feel free to post in here anything related to WGI Championships. Where to Eat, Places to stay, groups your excited to see, things to do. . .etc.

Also, Dayton is already electric, because the NCAA tournament is in town and there's a really good vibe going on in the city right now that I hope will carry on to WGI weekend. It's been beautiful here lately, which means it'll probably snow for WGI!! :-)

Anyway. . .I just saw posted in the paper that UD Arena is open to the public tomorrow to watch the NCAA teams warm-up. I think I'm going to take advantage of this, not b/c I want to see them, but to scout out where my seats are going to be for WGI. If anyone else wants to know where they're seats are, let me know and I'll snap a pic from your seat down to the court so you can see what your vantage point will be.

For anyone else in the Dayton area, you can take advantage of this too!

DAYTON — Looking to scout the teams coming to UD Arena for the NCAA tournament? Maybe grab an autograph or two?

The eight teams competing this week in the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament at UD Arena will hold open practices Thursday, March 19. The practices are free and open to the public.

Parking also is free. Concessions and merchandise will be available for sale. Doors open at 11 a.m. Thursday. Photography without a flash is permitted.

All games this weekend in Dayton are sold out. The games will be televised on WHIO-TV, with the exception of the Pittsburgh-East Tennesssee game at 3 p.m. Friday. WHIO will carry the Dayton-West Virginia game in that time slot.

Here is the UD Arena practice lineup:

Noon — Tennessee

12:45 p.m. — East Tennessee State

1:30 p.m. — Oklahoma State

2:15 p.m. — Pittsburgh

4:25 p.m. — Louisville

5:10 p.m. — Ohio State

5:55 p.m. — Morehead State

6:40 p.m. — Siena

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Okay, so I thought I'd throw up a quick post about the upcoming events. ..since they're almost here. Feel free to post in here anything related to WGI Championships. Where to Eat, Places to stay, groups your excited to see, things to do. . .etc.

Also, Dayton is already electric, because the NCAA tournament is in town and there's a really good vibe going on in the city right now that I hope will carry on to WGI weekend. It's been beautiful here lately, which means it'll probably snow for WGI!! :-)

Anyway. . .I just saw posted in the paper that UD Arena is open to the public tomorrow to watch the NCAA teams warm-up. I think I'm going to take advantage of this, not b/c I want to see them, but to scout out where my seats are going to be for WGI. If anyone else wants to know where they're seats are, let me know and I'll snap a pic from your seat down to the court so you can see what your vantage point will be.

For anyone else in the Dayton area, you can take advantage of this too!

DAYTON — Looking to scout the teams coming to UD Arena for the NCAA tournament? Maybe grab an autograph or two?

The eight teams competing this week in the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament at UD Arena will hold open practices Thursday, March 19. The practices are free and open to the public.

Parking also is free. Concessions and merchandise will be available for sale. Doors open at 11 a.m. Thursday. Photography without a flash is permitted.

All games this weekend in Dayton are sold out. The games will be televised on WHIO-TV, with the exception of the Pittsburgh-East Tennesssee game at 3 p.m. Friday. WHIO will carry the Dayton-West Virginia game in that time slot.

Here is the UD Arena practice lineup:

Noon — Tennessee

12:45 p.m. — East Tennessee State

1:30 p.m. — Oklahoma State

2:15 p.m. — Pittsburgh

4:25 p.m. — Louisville

5:10 p.m. — Ohio State

5:55 p.m. — Morehead State

6:40 p.m. — Siena

I hope you have a great time at the NCAA. As far a places to eat, I suggest Frisch's and The Oakwood Club. If you know of anyone who need tickets for the WGI finals I have some available. See my post WGI Tickets. Louise

i've said it before but i love "the pine club". :tounge2:

i've said it before but i love "the pine club". :tounge2:

The Pine Club is always divine. . it's right there on UD's campus.

For those of you staying at the Marriott near UD or downtown, there are 2 areas relatively close where you can eat. First is Brown St.. .it's a street on the edge of UD's campus where there are a line of restaurants and shops. . .etc. There's a Chipotle, Panera, Penn Station, PotBelly, Skyline, Jimmy John's, BW3, Milanos, Starbucks. . .and of course The Pine Club. :-) There are also a handful of other places to dine as well.

The second option would be The Oregon District downtown, which is a neat little strip with all types of bars, restaurants, shops etc. There are some fantastic restaurants down there like Thai 9, Pacchia, Cafe Boulevard, Coco's etc. You can find a lot of info here: http://www.oregonartsdistrict.com/

Also, for those of you who like to dance and be out late: http://www.clubmasque.com

Also, The Greene also has a lot of shops/restaurants and shops. . .it's in Beavercreek by 675 and about 10-15 minutes from UD.. . and about 5 from Wright State/Nutter Center http://www.thegreene.com

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Wow. I usually sit in the stands and watch guards all day! Who knew there were places to eat outside the Arena! lol :-)

Ah.. . yes, the diehards, I use to be one of them, but I just can't do it anymore. . .I need a break or I'll go insane!

Here's a couple more places:

http://www.mallatfairfieldcommons.com

http://www.daytoncvb.com

http://www.daytonmall.net

Or you could make a quick run to IKEA, there's one about 35 minutes away from UD ;-) And yes. . .you will also get to go past touchdown jesus!

Speaking of seating, does anyone know if the seats are numbered from the center out or from right to left/left to right regardless? (So if I am sitting in a section to the audience's right in seat 1, would it be toward the center or towards the side?) I'm thinking they are all numbered from right to left, but this time of year rolls around and I can never remember for sure! Thanks!