WOW @ SCV's 94, Corona's 92, and Flanagan's 91

TKYR_FA1986

Avon is a perfect example of a guard that is a chameleon and takes a risk in design from year to year. They have done it all from hip hop to pop, to classical and avantgard. The one thing that is constant is fantastic training and design.

Being a chameleon and taking risks in design from year to year hasn't earned a gold medal for Avon, has it? Don't get me wrong, Avon is wonderful and a joy to watch. I'm not taking anything away from the lovely ladies from Avon, I'm just trying to illustrate that for all of the bashing that Flanagan takes from a couple of individuals here because they 'don't take risks', 'don't change their style', etc. they seem to do pretty well for themselves. Maybe the key to winning a gold medal isn't about about changing your identity from year to year, maybe it's about consistency. I have a feeling that no matter what Flanagan does these individuals will never give them credit where credit is due.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually perfect time of day, however he spells this name, wrote a rant before, but it's been deleted.

but i understand what you're saying.

It hasn't been deleted, I revised it. . as I thought maybe kids from the program shouldn't be reading something like that a week before WGI. However, since I've been around here longer than your 6 posts I can tell you that you are about to open up a nasty can of worms. ..just from what I've seen in previous years and especially in regards to Flanagan. If you had any respect for that program, which is questionable. . .you'd just drop it like I did. If you wanting to push this, don't be all huffy about things people write about the program that isn't all sunhshine and rainbows.

It was just a matter of time before the Florida crazies showed up here, it happens every year and then poof right after WGI the disappear and add nothing of value to this group.

PS. .I saved the 'rant' if you like me to repost it!

All my love. . PrfctTimeOfDay!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Again, another can of worms. .it never fails every year from the south florida followers. Anyway, It's actually kind of sad that the value you place on a successful program is whether or not they win a medal or what color the medal is. In all due respect, I guess we just have very different philosphies on 'success'

Being a chameleon and taking risks in design from year to year hasn't earned a gold medal for Avon, has it?
Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Again, another can of worms. .it never fails every year from the south florida followers. Anyway, It's actually kind of sad that the value you place on a successful program is whether or not they win a medal or what color the medal is. In all due respect, I guess we just have very different philosphies on 'success'

For the love of God .... get over yourself.

Being a chameleon and taking risks in design from year to year hasn't earned a gold medal for Avon, has it? Don't get me wrong, Avon is wonderful and a joy to watch. I'm not taking anything away from the lovely ladies from Avon, I'm just trying to illustrate that for all of the bashing that Flanagan takes from a couple of individuals here because they 'don't take risks', 'don't change their style', etc. they seem to do pretty well for themselves. Maybe the key to winning a gold medal isn't about about changing your identity from year to year, maybe it's about consistency. I have a feeling that no matter what Flanagan does these individuals will never give them credit where credit is due.

**No disrespect to Flanagan as I am sure they work hard and I know I wouldn't be able to achieve half of what their staff has. They don't NEED to change things up, but when you are at the top of your game, people are going to talk about you, and some of us are just bored by their approach.**

I agree that sticking to what works IS effective score wise, but a gold medal isn't neccesarily the only measure of success in this activity. Some of the greatest/most remembered units that have come and gone have never received a (World Class) gold medal - Field of View, Northern Lights, St. Anns, Patriots, to name a few.

Avon's risk taking hasn't (yet) earned them a gold medal, but it has earned them a great deal of respect from others in the activity.

For the love of good, grow a brain. . WE ALL KNOW YOUR FROM FLANAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Or rather your the 'mom' of a kid who was in or is in Flanagan

Nice try but as usual you're wrong. I'm not from FLANAGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And since I don't have any children I'm not the 'mom' of a kid who was in or is in Flanagan. But what about the people that ARE from Flanagan? Is this how you respond to them or to anyone that disagrees with you? THIS is how you WOULD respond to a kid from Flanagan that puts in countless hours of their time in their guard program? Very nice.

Nice try but as usual you're wrong. I'm not from FLANAGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And since I don't have any children I'm not the 'mom' of a kid who was in or is in Flanagan. But what about the people that ARE from Flanagan? Is this how you respond to them or to anyone that disagrees with you? THIS is how you WOULD respond to a kid from Flanagan that puts in countless hours of their time in their guard program? Very nice.

REALLY????????????

Hmmmmm, this post you made last year seems really odd then. . . .maybe I'll refresh your memory!

Well, I just got back in to town yesterday .... traveling because of work. I just wanted you all to know that I have the best daughter and husband in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! They surprised me with a trip to Dayton and amazing seats for Finals. My husband didn't even say a word as I yammered on and on about registering for the live webcast! Santa just might be very good to him this year and put some new golf clubs under the Christmas tree!

Well, all I can say is FLANAGAN FLANAGAN FLANAGAN!!!! But I'm sure that some of you knew that already. Please don't take this the wrong way but I TOLD YOU SO!!! I've also seen their JV guard and even with a young team next year Flanagan will still be in a top contender position.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

**No disrespect to Flanagan as I am sure they work hard and I know I wouldn't be able to achieve half of what their staff has. They don't NEED to change things up, but when you are at the top of your game, people are going to talk about you, and some of us are just bored by their approach.**

I agree that sticking to what works IS effective score wise, but a gold medal isn't neccesarily the only measure of success in this activity. Some of the greatest/most remembered units that have come and gone have never received a (World Class) gold medal - Field of View, Northern Lights, St. Anns, Patriots, to name a few.

Avon's risk taking hasn't (yet) earned them a gold medal, but it has earned them a great deal of respect from others in the activity.

Oh, I understand what you're saying and I agree. Winning a medal isn't the only measure of success, that's for sure.

I suppose I should have prefaced my earllier post with reference to post #34. In a nutshell, it said that designers want the gold without the risk but it wasn't going to happen. Well, Flanagan has been accused of not taking risks but they did indeed win the gold .... and they still aren't respected by some people in the guard community. I was perhaps a bit inarticulate in my earlier post but I was in no way trying to diminish Avon or any other guard.

every program has their strengths and weakness's, and lets just leave it at that...can't we all just get along :thumbup: ha.

Edited by kcee