WHO won?

There were lots more participants and categories, bu here are the winners and other participants that I can remember being announced:

Mini-Corps:

Golden Eagles 88.5

CB! 84.0

Brass Ensemble:

CB! 95.0

Park City Pride

Mixed Ensemble:

CB! 90.0

Brass Quartet:

Park City Pride Baritones

Romeos

Brass Duet:

Hendrick/P. MacDonald - CB!

Mid-range:

Buzzy Bergdall - St Kevins

Paul MacDonald - CB!

Andrew Bisnet - CB!

Contra:

Brian Bee - CB!

Baritone:

Andrew Bisnett - CB!

Sop:

Rich Wardlow - Brooklyn United 99.0

Tony Martin - CT Alumni 98.0

Paul MacDonald - CB! 97.0

Kenton Clarke - Sky 96.0

Andrew Bisnett - CB! 95.0

Edited by brassomaniac

We had a pretty busy day, so I didn't get to hear much of the show, but 2 groups I heard:

Golden Eagles have their new show already at a very high performance level. Great sound, right out of the gate! :thumbup:

And Park City Pride Baritone Quartet was OUTSTANDING! :tongue:

For our part, (IMO) I thought that the mini-corps show mostly went very well. "Bohemian Rhapsody" was a big project for us to take on, for such early season performances, and we were pleased with the results and with the reception it got from both audience and judges. The show opened with "Concierto de Aranjuez/Sway" and closed with a new arrangement of "America". We were a little on the small side, this time out (11 brass and a set drummer) and I was really happy with the job everyone did!

We came in with much trepidation about debuting "Cartoon Capers", in Brass Ensemble, having just begun work on that one last Sunday. But, it turned out to be one of our best tunes of the day.

But, clearly, our best received tune, by the audience, was our Mixed Ensemble piece: a new arrangement of "The Brass-O-Maniacs - a Cartoon Symphony"

If our recordings turn out to have decent audio quality, I'll get them posted on the web.

in solo work:

Andrew Bisnett finished very well in both Sop and Mid-range and took the Gold Medal in the Baritone category.

Paul MacDonald took second in Mid-range, and 3rd in a blistering contest of hot Soprano players

Bryan Bee, playing a contra-style horn for the first time ever, took the Gold in the Contra category.

And among Brass Duets, Kevin Hendrick and Paul MacDonald also took the Gold

Thanks, for the warm reception and kind words we received from the audience; and to the BHOF for including us in the show again!

And congrats to all of the competitors and performers.

Edited by brassomaniac