Question for Cadets, past and present

i teach both and marched both... i just think about counting while i walk and it helped transit the thought process.

it started for two reasons:

1. the easiest way to get kids to forget their old technique is to start on the opposite foot.

2. sully said so.

I was always told by friends who were there at the time that it had to do with Rocky Point Holiday (shrugs shoulders). It may have BECOME something where they used it to wipe the technique slate clean for new members, so to speak. But that's what I was told.

Right foot started because Jeremiah Symphony had to start on the right foot to make sure all the strong beats ended up on the left foot.

I personally found right foot to be easier, I don't know why but stepping off with the right seemed to make so much more sense. I came off tour and helped another corps and the only time I really had problems going back to left foot was when we had to do boxes in basics because all the foot placements were different. I don't know if anyone has felt the same way but right foot was just easier.

Right foot started because Jeremiah Symphony had to start on the right foot to make sure all the strong beats ended up on the left foot.

I personally found right foot to be easier, I don't know why but stepping off with the right seemed to make so much more sense. I came off tour and helped another corps and the only time I really had problems going back to left foot was when we had to do boxes in basics because all the foot placements were different. I don't know if anyone has felt the same way but right foot was just easier.

Yeah, it was either Rocky Point or Jeremiah, but they told me it was because of one of the songs in their show that required them to do that. Klesch mentioned that they used to play Jeremiah at parades to practice it. Could you imagine being at a parade hearing all this patriotic music and then hearing this weird Jeremiah Symphony being played?? Hilarious!