TriState Championships

Will

Just a few quick thoughts on the groups at the TSC Championships heading to WGI later this week.

Beechwood High School(KY) - A very well thought out show with some excellent showcasing of members. Utilizing some peel back sections (revealing off-color images of the performers no less!), the show was about "Poses". Very nice staging- these ladies are VERY well trained. A couple mis-haps with the tarp caused the flag feature to struggle just a touch, but the show ended wonderfully with a "POSE" : )

Milford High School (OH) - Potraying ants at a picnic ... just a delightful little production. The engineering feats for their huge picnic basket is just astounding. The parents set it up and tear it down in what seems like seconds. The ladies did a very good job and had some stellar moments, particularly on flag. Well thought out (and musicical!) writing/choreography should help push this show into semi-finals.

O2 (aka Onyx "A") - A very nice show from O2. Some fantastic flag choreography that was very sensitive to the music.

Elizabethtown Independent (KY) - WOW! A wonderful openening movement statement that leads into some great equipment moments. This show is very well written/staged/etc. I'm eager to see how they do at WGI - top 5 is VERY possible!

Kings High School (OH) - A tender and stunning program to "True Colors" by Cindi Lauper. These ladies have improved leaps and bounds from the preview show in January and their maturity is showing its head at the right time. Several "360" turns under tosses are just a few highlights to this excellent production.

Onyx (OH) - scoring a 92(plus change), Onyx had a great run. The more I see this show, the more powerful it gets. The ending is especially emotional and the performers did a great job pulling off some wonderfully difficult choreography. The colors and staging really help bring this program to life. By far the best Onyx show to date (IMHO) - I predict top 5 Saturday night at WGI. A great achievement for their 20th anniversary.

A personal favorite (not attending WGI) - George Rogers Clark High School (KY) performed a remarkable program that was litered with musicality! Depicting leaves and the changing of the seasons, the ladies are well trained and perform like it is what they were born to do. GREAT job!!

Will, did you get a chance to see Warren Central. Performing original music entitled Chaos Theory, with great narration and very important as well, this is one of the strongest units WC has put on the floor in some years. From the musicality to the choreography this show is outstanding, and will definitely be in the top 5 at World Championships. With the pulsation of the music and the fastening pace as the show concludes the work and expressive qualities in this group are amazing. Should a world group come not prepared, Warren Central will surely be there to take that spot :)

mojo67 - I did see Warren Central; I apologize for forgetting them! They were very energetic and really did a fantastic job. I couldn't believe how fast it all was - they never let up! A true credit to their endurance. The tarp is amazing as well. It was a thrill to see them back in the TSC.