The Woodlands High School

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Constructively, the show was not on par with Spring's show. Spring HS had a much more sophisticated program.

First of all, Spring was ahead of them at the Oak Ridge show by only 1.7 points, not 5. If you look at the recap from that show, you will see that both Individual Analysis judges awarded The Woodlands for their Vocabulary and demand. Excellence, however was apparently not achieved as well as Spring, or James E. Taylor, for that matter. Upstairs, every judge agreed that The Woodlands should have been around the number they chose, with each judge within .1 or .2 of one another. When you have that kind of consistency across the board, it's difficult to argue that decision. The same thing happened at TCGC Championships.

I can understand your frustration. I've been involved with units that don't receive the credit we think we deserve when others seem to walk right away with it while doing less. The problem with A Class is that there are a lot of units, a lot of well trained units, and only fractions of a difference between any 2 programs. Those fractions do add up though.

Like I said before, I'm a big Woodland's fan. Don't confuse this with me bashing them. I would never dream of it! :worthy:

Constructively, the show was not on par with Spring's show. Spring HS had a much more sophisticated program.

First of all, Spring was ahead of them at the Oak Ridge show by only 1.7 points, not 5. If you look at the recap from that show, you will see that both Individual Analysis judges awarded The Woodlands for their Vocabulary and demand. Excellence, however was apparently not achieved as well as Spring, or James E. Taylor, for that matter. Upstairs, every judge agreed that The Woodlands should have been around the number they chose, with each judge within .1 or .2 of one another. When you have that kind of consistency across the board, it's difficult to argue that decision. The same thing happened at TCGC Championships.

I can understand your frustration. I've been involved with units that don't receive the credit we think we deserve when others seem to walk right away with it while doing less. The problem with A Class is that there are a lot of units, a lot of well trained units, and only fractions of a difference between any 2 programs. Those fractions do add up though.

Like I said before, I'm a big Woodland's fan. Don't confuse this with me bashing them. I would never dream of it! :worthy:

I know you arent trying to bash them.. trust me, I think that most of the frustration with Spring comes from the fact that their ex-director left The Woodlands for them.. But what you are saying makes alot of sense! I believe next year there will be two guards, a varsity open guard, and a jv SA guard.. that sounds like a good idea to me.. do you agree?

Edited by aggiechic13

Absolutely. Some of the best programs in the country take the next step by flooring an "A" and "B" group.

Very true. Have you seen the Woodlands Show live ThatsNotMyName? I realize that the youtube performance is not its best, the best performance in my opinion was Oak Ridge TCGC

Aggiechic13....what years/seasons did you have the privilege to be a part of this fine group?