Arlene Schubargo . What a wonderful lady !

Back many years ago when I was on staff with the Glassmen , actually it all started in 1980

when the corps was practicing on Hill Ave in south Toledo . These two ladys noticed us practicing at the old rehersal site and they pulled in to watch us . So the rest is history they became

part of the Glassmen family right there and then and never left , lucky for the corps !

How many of you out there remember Arlene it would be nice to hear any comments

I didn't know Ms. Schubargo, but it's people like her that make the drum corps world such a remarkable place. I am sure the Glassmen organization will miss her presence, and my condolences go to all who have been touched by her work and love for the Glassmen.

Thanks La Vie Boheme and Terri thats very kind I just hope that I can get some more nice comments

like yours since I'll be taking them to the funeral home tomorrow to give to Arlenes family .

Edited by rudi man

Thanks La Vie Boheme and Terri thats very kind I just hope that I can get some more nice comments

like yours since I'll be taking them to the funeral home tomorrow to give to Arlenes family .

Tell them.......THANK YOU!

Smitty, please pass on my condolences and also, a very large thank you. I know its due to the many thankless hours that she has put in, that make the Glassmen a fantastic home to many, including myself. Her efforts and contributions to the corps and the activity will never be forgotten.

Smitty, please pass on my condolences and also, a very large thank you. I know its due to the many thankless hours that she has put in, that make the Glassmen a fantastic home to many, including myself. Her efforts and contributions to the corps and the activity will never be forgotten.
Duder you really hit the nail on the head and I'll surely pass your kind comments along . :smile:

I was a member of the Glassmen from 1988-1991 and was DM in 90-91. I had many opportunities to talk to Arlene and always was in awe of her support and her dedication to the corps. She helped so many of us have our Experience of a Lifetime and worked behind the scenes never asking or seeking any thanks.

Many members may never know how much she did for the corps but her legacy will live on long after she has left us.

It is said...Its not what you do when people are looking but what you do when noone is looking. Arlene was always helping make the corps stronger regardless of who was looking.

Rest in Peace and Thank you for my Experience of a Lifetime!

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/content/view/4643/39/

I had the opportunity to know Arlene through The Glassmen and the University of Toledo. She was a wonderful woman that had done a lot for the glassmen, myself, and the University of Toledo. She made everyone feel special and apprecaiated. the fact I knew her and a member, a staff member, and a UToledo band member as well, just showed how fortunate I was to share the personal connections with her. Arlene and her sister Joan took great pride in teh members that were glassmen and went to Utoledo. She was there to listen and tell you how proud she was of the corps and of you! Even when i had fallen on dificult time she was there to support me when needed. Arlene is a woman you will never here a bad word about. Her and Joan would follow the glassmen all over the country. When we went to California in 2000 she was there. I can not remember a DCI final without her. She was awoman that had volunteered sponsor countless members throughout her invlovement. I am very proud and greatful for having the opportunity for working with and knowing Arlene. She has left a possitive mark on me that will never go away.

She is the type of volunnteer that every corps has and every member better take the opportunity to know. She is part of the reason as to why Drum corps is such a great activity for everyone involved.

Arlene you will be missed and we love you!

Shannon