What are the correct terms for rifle tosses?

gellio

I got my rifle today. Yay! I couldn't do drop spins with the strap on to save my life. I haven't used a rifle since 1989 (and I was in the hornline). It's amazing how quickly it comes back. I did a ton of tosses today - hands are killing me. What's the terms for the tosses: single, double, triple, quad, 5's, 6's, 7's and 8's? Is that right? I am super solid on anything up to 5's. I did a bunch of 5's on the deck today - my hands are in pain. I'm afraid to try anything harder than 5's on the deck (too many windows around). Thanks.

Edited by gellio

That's good, those are the correct terms, nothing fancy. And I recommend gloves, lifting gloves for weights work well, or there are some websites you can actually buy colorguard gloves.

That's good, those are the correct terms, nothing fancy. And I recommend gloves, lifting gloves for weights work well, or there are some websites you can actually buy colorguard gloves.

Yeah colorguard gloves are just padded fingerless weighlifting gloves. You can buy them for less at Walmart or Target and places like that.

Rifle terms that I like to use...

"Don't DROP or I will kill you sometime today."

"That QUAD looks like total_______."

"Your LEFT HAND SPINS have the timing of a dead cow."

"Feel free to put your RELEASE HAND anywhere but in the up position. We don't care if you take out the person next to you."

"It's great your FLOURISHES have the wrist control of an armless cat."

"It's up to you, but I recommend that your DIP have some sense of spatial pathway consistency...but that's just me."

Those are just some of my favorite terms. I'm sure you will find your own.