Revolution Tidbits

Hello!

First:

The corps has moved into thier All-Days location and have begun daily rehearsals for the 2009 season! To keep track of tour happenings please visit the corps blog started in 2007. THE REVOLUTION CHRONICLES!

http://www.revochronicles.blogspot.com/

Second:

We still have a Baritone spot open! Please contact the corps ASAP if you live in Texas to see about joining this very talented hornline! Call 1-305-562-8806 for Dan Dickinson or 210-255-8392 for specifics!

Last:

Come join us on 6/20/2009 as we debut the corps great new look and perfrom the 2009 production elementALL! Come see some great Texas Drum Corps on the capital steps in Austin, TX! From All-Age Corps - Austin Stars, Gulf Coast Sound, Vigilantes and World Gone Mad; to the Junior Corps - Memphis Sound and Crossmen! It will be a great night of music, souvies and friendship!

Thanks!

Edited by RevoPR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey how about some pictures or sounds of Revo. Very interested to hear and see you all this season!!

Sunguard -

We will post a tour picture with every post and also will begin doing sound and video clips very soon! Stay posted to the blogger for all this great stuff coming from the field!

Was just there on Wednesday... and as a four year member (now alumni) I was stunned at the sounds and drill progress. The drill looks much better than years past, bigger guard, bigger hornline, and overall farther ahead than anytime I can remember. They did two full runs of the opener, one with and one without the met. Both times it didn't have any noticable tears. Now that was Wednesday.... today is Saturday, and I will be on my way up for history night. I'll give another update for tomorrow... otherwise keep an eye on the blogspot.

Okay, opener, ballad, and half of the third movement are almost solid going all the way through. You can tell these kids are becoming fatigued plus several hydration issues from kids who "forget" to fill up their water jugs. One actually had plenty of water but no salt in his blood. Pedialite is always on standby. The corps also had history night with speakers from 03-08, as well as watching videos from exhibition year2000, championship year 2002, division II year 2003, and the final division III year 2007. The corps heard from past members about their experience and why they chose Revolution, and also what the corps means to them. Well, I am out, I need to get ready for work!

I saw Revolution at the Texas Drum Corps preview. I hate to use the word surprise as that might indicate I had bad expectations. But Revo was the most pleasant surprise of the evening! They looked fuller and sounded better than I can recall in a long time. It was unfortunate the new unis were not ready, but the corps looks great in how they handle themselves and they sound terrific. I look forward to hearing good things about this corps throughout the summer. Good luck Revolution!

I enjoyed talking with a couple of members and a staff member after their performance and before the massed brass. They could not be more gracious and friendly. My experience with them could not be more positive. You guys have moved up my list of the corps for which I will be pulling strongly.

I just wanted to say that the corps I march with housed with Revo in 2007 during finals week in a hotel (because DCI screwed up housing), and I got a chance to talk to some of the members. Everyone was really nice, and I have no complaints about anyone involved with the corps. I wish you good luck not only this year, but in future years, Revolution! :doh:

Glad to see that Revolution is still surviving even with the additions of Texas-based Crossmen, Mystikal and Memphis Sound (and all the other DCI corps who recruit there).

Can't wait for the competition season to begin!

I thought Mystikal was from California?