Troy Flag Day Pics

8 CB! horns; plus 7 more from Brass-O-Mania!; plus The Hitmen percussionists.... and you have Strange News from Another Planet!

We've been having great fun performing with the guys from Brass-O-Mania!, in parades this year.

And today, MORE Strange News...as our substitute for a guard.... the Hellions Roller Derby Team!

The crowd really loved:

Late in the Evening

Sidewinder

Peter Gunn

Everybody's Everything

and America, the Beautiful

TOOOOOOO Much Fun!

DSCF1204%20-%20Copy.JPG

DSCF1207.JPG

DSCI2968.JPG

DSCI2969.JPG

DSCI2979.JPG

DSCI2987-copy.JPG

Me and my Son, Paul

Edited by brassomaniac

Awesome pics! looks like you guys had a blast! :-)

We did! That was the best SNAP! gig to date!

Being small, and also with several members not able to march on the street; in 2008 Capital Brass! did parades in combination with 20th Century Limited. They provided a complete drum line and a number of brass players as well.

This year, with even less brass players available (only 11 in the Brass Ensemble... our core group) we decided to combine with Brass-O-Mania! for parades. We had experimented with the idea last summer, and it proved to be popular and entertaining..So... this year... one rehearsal with the crew from BOM!, and we were off!

Oh, and we played:

Late in the Evening,

Sidewinder

Everybody's Everything; from the BOM! book.

Peter Gunn

America, the Beautiful; from the CB! book.

Edited by brassomaniac

Tom, you guys were definately original. Pretty cool!!! Nice to see you guys!

Lindsay, I can say that when that plane came flying over us, I thought we were gonners!

TOTALLY FUN DAY!!!!!

8 CB! horns; plus 7 more from Brass-O-Mania!; plus The Hitmen percussionists.... and you have Strange News from Another Planet!

We've been having great fun performing with the guys from Brass-O-Mania!, in parades this year.

And today, MORE Strange News...as our substitute for a guard.... the Hellions Roller Blade Team!

My Bad....

We performed with the Hellions Roller Derby Team. (I'll go back and edit that.)

They are the new Pro Roller Derby Team from Troy. And they performed with us in the parade. The antics between them and the drummers were hilarious. And the crowd ate it up! :worthy:

The Flag Day Commitee also thought it was great. We're already invited back for 2010. :thumbup:

My Bad....

We performed with the Hellions Roller Derby Team. (I'll go back and edit that.)

They are the new Pro Roller Derby Team from Troy. And they performed with us in the parade. The antics between them and the drummers were hilarious. And the crowd ate it up! :sad:

The Flag Day Commitee also thought it was great. We're already invited back for 2010. :ph34r:

I think it's safe to say that I...I mean we, had a sweet time! The C-130 fly-overs were especially awesome! Looking up to see a massive Air Force cargo planet flying straight over us (from both behind and in front) at about six inches above the buildings was TOTALLY WICKED!!!!!

Awe, I was too far away from the center of the picture with the Hellions..

What a blast though! Plus that C-130 flyover was awesome! :sad:

Edited by DorianBlues