WGI Focus

Scoutnout

Got my WGI Focus yesterday and just wanted to send a shout out to the people at WGI office for Focus.

Over the past few years you guys have omitted important details on things or guards, published the WORST pics of some of the winners ( Flan. HS ) just to mention a few things....I think you guys need a person on staff there that screens these things. ( If there is they are doing a poor job ) Now to add to the list. which I thought was funny, look at how you spelled Mia's last name on the title of the artice on her then look on the back cover to see how you spelled it for spinfest....lmao......Now I for 1 rush alot and forget spell check at times but then again I'n not publishing anything...lol.....So add proof reader to the needs. :sad:

If such a spot exists, I will send them my resume ASAP. That's part of what my major in school does - and I think I would die of joy if WGI hired me (I'm probably sending them my resume anyways :D )

Got my WGI Focus yesterday and just wanted to send a shout out to the people at WGI office for Focus.

Over the past few years you guys have omitted important details on things or guards, published the WORST pics of some of the winners ( Flan. HS ) just to mention a few things....I think you guys need a person on staff there that screens these things. ( If there is they are doing a poor job ) Now to add to the list. which I thought was funny, look at how you spelled Mia's last name on the title of the artice on her then look on the back cover to see how you spelled it for spinfest....lmao......Now I for 1 rush alot and forget spell check at times but then again I'n not publishing anything...lol.....So add proof reader to the needs. :tongue:

Wow...harsh post for someone who spells things incorrectly and doesn't use punctuation properly in their bash on WGI/FOCUS. Check your spelling for "I'm" in your last sentence.

Wow...harsh post for someone who spells things incorrectly and doesn't use punctuation properly in their bash on WGI/FOCUS. Check your spelling for "I'm" in your last sentence.

Why was it harsh..Only stated facts.........................what are you the WGI Police...lol.....they usually don't like being called out on things....but again just facts.

Why was it harsh..Only stated facts.........................what are you the WGI Police...lol.....they usually don't like being called out on things....but again just facts.

No...I write articles for FOCUS, and I know how much work both WGI and In Tune Partners, LLC put into the FREE (and what I think is a fantastic) publication. Are there bound to be mistakes and oversights? Just like in any news publication, including your local newspaper, yes...it is created by human beings. If you think it is so horrible, unsubscribe so WGI doesn't waste their money shipping it to you.

LOL You got that right !!!!!!! Nothing is free with WGI although they dream up ways every year to make the non experienced belive so.

"Non experienced"? Well...I can only speak for myself...and as someone with over 10 years of marching, teaching, and directing units that are competitive in WGI, I am quite happy with them. I think they provide members and directors opportunities and services unparalleled in any marching arts venue...and I for one will continue to "pay" to keep them operating. As my father always told me...instead of sitting around complaining, "if you don't like it, don't do it".

"Non experienced"? Well...I can only speak for myself...and as someone with over 10 years of marching, teaching, and directing units that are competitive in WGI, I am quite happy with them. I think they provide members and directors opportunities and services unparalleled in any marching arts venue...and I for one will continue to "pay" to keep them operating. As my father always told me...instead of sitting around complaining, "if you don't like it, don't do it".

It is what It is... I also had in the past few years 1 HS world finalists...2x Ind. world finalists and 2 HS finalists in open and A so also from experience .

WGI has alot of good things going for it ( Mostly it's members ) BUT if you don't think there's alot of shady things you are mighty mistaken.

With that said WGI is the only national venue ( For now ) so we push on and hope. Ask some of the judges who left in recent years and ask them why.....I really didn't want to bring all this up and was only commenting on the focus post. Oh and by the way I teach kids with over 10 years experience..soooooo 10 years is not all that much in the big scheme of things....have a good 1

One more thing: with all due respect maybe you can be the future of the activity and make it better. I mean that as a compliment. Help us who are jaded :tongue: