Holy Name Cadets -- Toledo/Michigan

Good morning :) we arrived in Harrison Township, Michigan; that's right...Michigan around 4:30 am after a 221 mile ride from Dublin, Ohio. We rode right past Toledo and Detroit to get to our housing site at L'Anse Creuse High School. Anyway we're about 45-60 minutes from the show site. We stayed here last year.

I almost made the mistake of reading the thread, "When will Crown past Cadets"? I did read through a couple of the comments :) As much as I would like to add my two scents I think I'll hold off for now. April joined the corps in Pittsburg and has been working with the guard. It was another hot day in Dublin and a couple of the members were affected by the heat...but like I have shared with you, the Cadets have an excellent trainer that takes care of every last member. The Cadets performed well in Dublin, good energy and better yet great audience connection. The audience applauded at every hit and even gave the Cadets a genuine standing ovation a couple of times. Crown did not get the same audience connect that the Cadets got and they seemed to sit on their hands just watching Crown's show. If there was a time and place that Crown could have beaten Cadets it has come and gone already (Pittsburg). Anyone who was at the Dublin show could notice separation between the two corps. I personally thought there would have been more than nine tenths separating Cadets and Crown tonight. I said Crown isn't going any where and I mean that, but at the same time they have a challenge passing the Cadets. Cadets' show is well designed visually and musically. This is probably the most talented guard the Cadets have had in a few years and I have had the opportunity to view both guards (Crown/Cadets) several times and I would have to give the nod to the Cadets.

We are here at this housing site until the show in Toledo Thursday night where Cadets, Cavaliers, and Crown face off. Until then it is business as usual; the Cadets will get up, eat a good breakfast and resume what they do every day...PRACTICE. This show Conflict and Resolution has the potential of making Holy Name Cadets' 75th Anniversary very special. God I hope I'm right what I'm feeling. Good night and good morning.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Crown isn't in the Toledo show.

I wish all 3 would be at that show!

Just Cadets and...

Glassmen

The Cavaliers

Boston Crusaders

Colts

Crossmen

Capital Regiment

Edited by g0at