Toledo - All Star Review

It looks like it has an air conditioner on top like the guys from Spirit have.

It's actually a big sign but we couldn't open it because of the giant blue I-beam you can see in the picture above the trailer.

In defense of the Crossmen trailer:

Or truck broke down and our shelving was delivered late so we had just put the shelves in there the night before. We had almost no selection because the merchandise was almost all in boxes in the back of the truck. Since the shelves had just been put in, two of the three people working inside were there specifically to get the shelves stocked with items. (That's why the picture shows one of the windows closed, so we could fold shirts without having to make customers feel we are ignoring them. Apparently that didn't work.) As to why you felt that you were not given any attention, I can only say that I'm sorry about that. The press of the crowd fleeing the rain was awfully close to the trailer and the person working the register probably thought you were just part of the crowd and not an interested customer.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this:

We also had been awake for 26 hours straight the day before getting a rental truck and driving it 700 miles in one trip to catch up to the corps. So, to summarize, yes we totally sucked at Toledo. It bums me out to admit you are absolutely right. I just hope you will get a chance to see us again this season so you can see that we are capable of much more.

We also had been awake for 26 hours straight the day before getting a rental truck and driving it 700 miles in one trip to catch up to the corps. So, to summarize, yes we totally sucked at Toledo. It bums me out to admit you are absolutely right. I just hope you will get a chance to see us again this season so you can see that we are capable of much more.

Well said.

In defense of the Crossmen trailer:

Or truck broke down and our shelving was delivered late so we had just put the shelves in there the night before. We had almost no selection because the merchandise was almost all in boxes in the back of the truck. Since the shelves had just been put in, two of the three people working inside were there specifically to get the shelves stocked with items. (That's why the picture shows one of the windows closed, so we could fold shirts without having to make customers feel we are ignoring them. Apparently that didn't work.) As to why you felt that you were not given any attention, I can only say that I'm sorry about that. The press of the crowd fleeing the rain was awfully close to the trailer and the person working the register probably thought you were just part of the crowd and not an interested customer.

I forget sometimes how difficult it can be to be on the souivee truck. Although I have never done this important job, I have heard about the missed meals and difficulties with setting up in certain stadiums, the break downs and poor sleeping accomodations. We drum corps fans don't really know what goes on behind the scences, so thanks for your reply and don't take this "so called" review seriously. It was not meant to disparage any of you fine people and I am sorry if it did.

I typically buy t-shirts from the corps that traveled the farthest, last year it was The Academy and Crossmen. I wear these shirts regularly and with might I add a great deal of pride and people asked me about them. I wished I would have been more patient and waited a few more minutes but I didn't. I totally enjoyed your show this year and wish the Crossmen all the best!

I forget sometimes how difficult it can be to be on the souivee truck. Although I have never done this important job, I have heard about the missed meals and difficulties with setting up in certain stadiums, the break downs and poor sleeping accomodations. We drum corps fans don't really know what goes on behind the scences, so thanks for your reply and don't take this "so called" review seriously. It was not meant to disparage any of you fine people and I am sorry if it did.

I typically buy t-shirts from the corps that traveled the farthest, last year it was The Academy and Crossmen. I wear these shirts regularly and with might I add a great deal of pride and people asked me about them. I wished I would have been more patient and waited a few more minutes but I didn't. I totally enjoyed your show this year and wish the Crossmen all the best!

It only made me feel bad because you were right, but the circumstances were largely out of our control - kind of a feeling of helplessness. Thank you for the kind words.