Toledo short review

I got there late due to passing through 2 gigantic storms. It was pretty scary. Show didn't start till around 8:30, so it's a good thing we got there late.

First off:

Synths - don't like

amps - don't like

And now the corps:

Capital Regiment: The Storm (It just kinda worked out that way)

* Louder and dirtier than Bones and Cavaliers. Exciting show. If they find new members to fill the holes in drill then watch out.

Bones: ForbiddeN

* Music works better than I thought it would. Drill is ridiculously hard in some spots. If it gets cleaned it'll look cool, but right now I just see bouncy corps members. I felt sorry for the guard; we drove past them while arriving at the school and they were getting soaked (in their white shirts). Turns out that was their guard uniform. :laughing: I'm hoping what I saw score-wise was mostly "first show jitters"

Colts: Fathoms

* Brass was the first "wow they sound full" corps of the evening. The guard really caught my eye during the show, they look great. 2nd half of the show isn't as exciting as the first half.

BAC: Core of Temptation

I was so distracted by what the girl was doing to the hornline member at the beginning that I missed the cool drill move. I'm not sure if I should really be upset though... The prop apple didn't work for me, but the "bite" got some laughs out of a few audience members. Bacchanale was lots of fun! Lochrian/Phrygian modes are my favorite, so I really dug the music in this show.

Holy Name: WSS 09 Conflict and Resolution

Hornline was beast (except for the last 2 minutes of the show). I definitely do not agree with the smooth jazz interlude during "Cool". Closing drill wasn't as cool as I was expecting, though I'm REALLY hoping it'll be a Z-pull by finals. I had them over Cavaliers in GE, but overall I wasn't sure.

Cavaliers: The Great Divide (by Linkin Park...)

Hornline sounded nice and full, but were also the quietest of the night. I really dug the music, but I wish the staff would let them play out at least during the ending of the show. Drumline had a cool feature where they were sticking exclusively with their right hand for a good 20 seconds. The "helloooooooo!" got a laugh out of me. I really wish someone had yelled "RIIIIIICOLAAAAAA".

Gmen: Journey of ONE

Sorry, I don't get it. This is a bad Matrix(WGI) show with horns, and I'm pretty sure I can blame the staff for that. The good news is that most of the reviews I see say that the audience tends to like this show...but not for me. It's really a shame, because the corps is playing and executing much better than previous years. The Curiale piece at the end doesn't feels like it belongs in the show at all. There was a high pitched "WEEEEEE" coming out of the speakers at some points in the show, as well as the encore. Reminded me of the dentist...

Again, sorry this isn't doing anything for me.

We dropped some stuff off for a few members and went to Taco Bell, but didn't get home until 2:45AM. UGGHGHG

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Thanks for your review.

I don't get the Glassmen theme either. I still enjoyed most of the show but the theme doesn't come across.

It is no secret on how I feel about the Glassmen Family Volunteers. It is No secret how the Glassmen Alumni,CMM's and the Glassmen Org. feels about our Volunteers. The Glassmen Alumni and Family Association name could of been the Glassmen Alumni Association and no one would of said a word. Except our LOVE and DEEP RESPECT of the Glassmen Volunteers would not allow us to do that. That is why We are called the Glassmen Alumni and Family Association. When one of us hurts we all hurt. So I know this may be weighing heavy on ones heart. I have a feeling that tonight's Show will be an emotional one. As it should be. I will be watching the 09 Show with a different perspective. We really are on a Journey of One. ONE Family. No matter if you marched in 61 or 09. No matter if you Volunteered in 61 or one of the Volunteers who go hurt today. We all have ONE thing in common. We are all part of the Glassmen Family. No one can ever take that from us. I once said that the Glassmen Alumni will always have your backs. I ask that one would think about helping out the Glassmen at a site near you. If you can not do that then PLEASE think about donating Money. I emailed Brian to ask how to donate Money. If you can not do the above. Then I ask that you would at least keep them in your thoughts and prayers. And a kind word goes a long way. Just for a min. let's put everything aside circle the wagons and come together as ONE Family. To me when something bad happens there must be some good somewhere. In this case we all know what the bad is. To me, the good would be that no one was killed or hurt bad. The other good would be that this mishap will bring the Glassmen Family together like nothing else before.

WE ARE THE GLASSMEN, MIGHTY, MIGHTY GLASSMEN, EVERYWHERE WE GO, PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW, WHO WE ARE, SO WE TELL THEM. WE ARE THE GLASSMEN.

An Experience of a Lifetime

Madre

Dean