Shows using water (or river) theme

I am looking for non traditional equipment ideas for a water (or river) theme.

What have other bands, drum corps, or winterguards done with a water theme? It would be great if you could direct me to an image or youtube link.

Thanks!

Karen

is this for marching band or for winterguard?

Not really sure what you're looking for, but Broken Arrow Senior HS won BOA Grand Nationals with their incredible show "Aqua" in 2006. And I could begin listing winterguard shows but there are tons of 'em...

There were a bunch of shows this year at WGI - off hand, there was University of Louisiana (IA), Elizabethtown Independent (IA Finalist), and Center Grove (SW Finalist). There was another guard I saw at IA Prelims who did a show called "Waterfall" with music from "Pride and Prejudice".

Good luck!

Marching band is a different animal.

I'm not exactly sure if you're asking for something totally different or not. Since the theme of your show is simply, water, I'd probably use different colors to represent water: seafoam green, teal, whites, etc.

If you're looking for props-- FunNoodles for a fun/bright piece of music, maybe Water guns (the big ones, not little water pistols). kiddie pools, large pieces of fabric that will "flow" when carried, etc.

Some of the things I was thinking of wouldn't really translate to the big stage of marching band as well as they would for indoor where everything is closer and a much smaller space.

I am looking for non traditional equipment ideas for a water (or river) theme.

What have other bands, drum corps, or winterguards done with a water theme? It would be great if you could direct me to an image or youtube link.

Research the symbol for the Water-Bearer which we westerners identify with the constellation Aquarius... Your studies should provide you with sufficient inspiration. As a rule avoid generic props and tired colors. Go for something completely different, controversial and exciting. Water is life, and there's more to life than teal skirts, seafoam green flags, kiddie pools and water pistols. No, offense...

Research the symbol for the Water-Bearer which we westerners identify with the constellation Aquarius... Your studies should provide you with sufficient inspiration. As a rule avoid generic props and tired colors. Go for something completely different, controversial and exciting. Water is life, and there's more to life than teal skirts, seafoam green flags, kiddie pools and water pistols. No, offense...

Good points! :-) Never did a water show. Good luck with whatever you choose!

edited because I forget to capitalize letters sometimes.

Edited by StarsRecruiter