SDCA's next show July 18

SDCA’s arena drum corps' next show is July 18 in McHenry, Illinois. Featuring the Classic Cavaliers from Rosemont Illinois, the Royal Airs from Chicago Illinois, and the Lakeshoremen from Troy Michigan the Northernaires from Menominee Michigan, the Southshore drill team from Chicago, Illinois and the Strikers from Crystal Lake Illinois. Show Starts at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $8.00. Located at the McHenry West High school 4724 Crystal Lake Ave McHenry ILL… It’s air conditioned! . This is McHenry’s annual Fiesta Days week so get there early and bring your cell phone so that you can text in your vote for the winner of the night’s performance.

Wouldn't you know it? I actually went to McHenry High School, I marched with Northernaires, Bob Doran was a guidance counselor at McHenry East Campus for many of my friends and marched with the Kilties and Royalaires (I think the McHenry Vicounts also). Now, I live in MN and am leaving for a mission trip to Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming that day.

The last show that I got to go to in McHenry was maybe '89 and Star of Indiana was there that year at McCraken Field and they were wearing plaid that year - the British Invasion year where they were only .6 out of 4th place?

In fact, I found the lineup and scores for that show

1 Cavaliers 84.9

2 STAR OF INDIANA 84.4

3 Phantom Reg Cadets 46.4

4 Guardsmen 40.5

5 Madison Jr. Scouts 38.1

This might have been my first drum corps show. I just fell in love with since I was a band geek.

I remember that I bought a Cavaliers belt buckle. I think I still have it too!

Anyways, have a great show! I really like this whole SDCA.