Ultimate Guide to the Atlanta Regional - Part Two

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone fill me in on the Dome's policy on ticket scalping? I haven't got a seat for the show (didn't think I'd be able to go until a couple days ago) and I had hoped to find someone selling an extra ticket out front. I've had good luck doing this in the past at Allentown and several Finals, but thought I remembered the Georgia Dome being pretty strict.

Thanks

Can anyone fill me in on the Dome's policy on ticket scalping? I haven't got a seat for the show (didn't think I'd be able to go until a couple days ago) and I had hoped to find someone selling an extra ticket out front. I've had good luck doing this in the past at Allentown and several Finals, but thought I remembered the Georgia Dome being pretty strict.

Thanks

They usually are pretty strict about ticket scalping at the Dome and there usually is security roving around. But I'd say you may have luck given that this is DCI, not a Falcons game or a SEC Football Championship game....they may not be as strict about it. Hang around the Lower Gate D area and you'll probably find a seller...this is where the MARTA stop lets out and also an entrance from one of the largest parking areas for the Dome.

Thanks

You can also just buy it at the gate (unless you're going for cheaper).

You can also just buy it at the gate (unless you're going for cheaper).

Not going for cheaper, hoping to find a better seat. If I can get something in the $55 seats that's not in the upper section I'll be happy and willing to pay full price, or even a little more. I'll certainly give the box office a shot when I arrive, maybe they have a single left somewhere.

Thanks for the replies.

Not going for cheaper, hoping to find a better seat. If I can get something in the $55 seats that's not in the upper section I'll be happy and willing to pay full price, or even a little more. I'll certainly give the box office a shot when I arrive, maybe they have a single left somewhere.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah unfortunately, the lower section sucks. period. The club / mezzanine is the best seats.... but those all sold out within weeks. I'm really sad but im in the upper deck on the 40... but i dunno how it sounds. Oh well :<

Anyway, you'll be lucky to find a club level seat at this point but who knows :< Someone actually was selling 55 dollar seats (two) in the lower section that I had been in contact with... but he may have sold them already... recently updated about it was yesterday

Here's a little bit of Georgia Dome trivia for you...

True or False: The field surface of the Georgia Dome is natural grass.

If you answer that question today, the answer is "True." A natural grass field has been installed in the Dome for tonight's World Football Challenge soccer match between AC Milan and Club America.

But come Saturday, the grass field will have been removed and replaced by the Dome's regular artificial surface.

Say it isn't so!!! Okay, so I thought we wouldn't have to deal with any traffic issues like last year, but apparently they have decided to close a large portion of the Connector (I-85/I-75 north) for more construction, starting this weekend. If you are coming from the south, you may want to exit I-285 and go west and go to I-20. Follow the directions on the first post of this topic from the west and follow I-20 west into the city. I gurantee you that even though the construction area is north of the exit you will take for the Dome, traffic will be backed up for miles.

More Traffic Issues