I thought everything was bigger in Texas? Guess that doesn't apply to scores.

I thought Phantom Regiment would do well in Texas.

The whole " if you're gonna play in Texas boy, you'd better have a ( red ) fiddler in the band " show theme should have struck a familiar chord there.... ( haha,.. just kiddin')

Edited by BRASSO

Question:

On July 16th what did Crown, SCV, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Colts, Troopers, Scouts, Academy, Spirit, Crossmen, Pacific Crest, Pioneer, Mandarins and Cascades have in common?

Answer:

All their scores went down.

Now, these corps didn't get any worse. Especially not that many on the same day.

WTF, mates?

Also most of these corps made changes for San Antonio. And in drum corps, scores tend to go down on the first performance after changes and then they skyrocket. This is due to the judges seeing something new coupled with the performers not being comfortable with the new changes. Also, the staff is getting a first read on the changes much like the judges. All of these factor into scoring.

And also the heat probably fatigued the performances also. God there are many factors to add in. Also some judging panels are tougher. I expect some scores to go down on the switch tonight. And some scores to go up from the corps that were performing at the show in question.