Field Pass - Tuning Up the Red Violin

So after listening to the latest DCI Field Pass, I am left wondering if the changes they make to their visual package (and a bit of music in the 4th tune) will make a huge difference for the corps. The music and effects might be better, but will they be clean enough to edge them up a couple of places, or a couple of points? :tongue:

I have my hopes set for other corps to win (see below), but still I am thinking of the members on this one. Sure, their heads must be spinning with new information, but how must it feel to be going into the last two weeks like this?

We're all pulling for you, Phantom. Make the most of it, age outs! :tongue:

btw, dcp, this is my first thread!

Just wonder anyone think of SCV 2005. (I know PR's music is much stronger than 2005 SCV)

I appreciate that the staff is so honest about their situation. This is much more insightful than any interview with drum majors.

Edited by watersling

Just wonder anyone think of SCV 2005. (I know PR's music is much stronger than 2005 SCV)

I appreciate that the staff is so honest about their situation. This is much more insightful than any interview with drum majors.

yeah, they've been really honest with field pass and must have then been very honest with the corps, and it was probably a hard pill for them to swallow, but they're most definitely ready for the challenge. this is definitely a different kind of educational experience than they originally signed up for, but they're good for it

Kudos to Mr. Farrell for his honesty.

I am curious to see how the difficulty of the new drill would be.

What they need is a simple drill that is effective. The choice of Paganini makes that really tough, especially in establish better field coverage.

And hope the opening drill will be completely revised. Those little visual "pose" makes the drill looks cluttering.

Edited by watersling

My understanding is that the crowd response to the changes in Hattiesburg was very well received with a few standing O's throughout the show, and a standing O at the end before the last note was played. So that's encouraging as long as they can get in cleaned.

Edited by steeldrum

I was impressed with Dan's take on things. It was open and honest, when the response could have just as easily been to turn inward and be unresponsive. This is a corps that sees value in all kinds of lessons, obviously--perhaps there is value in what has happened and they recognize it. The situation doesn't give them a lot of time to work with, but it's not impossible for them to right the ship and astound us. I believe in them--the staff and especially the members. There's no reason not to believe in the members--they are giving us all they have.

The corps is a great group this year (of course, I think that every year, but still, they're amazing), and if they can pull this out, it will be, IMO, as amazing an achievement as last year's production. Perhaps for different reasons, but nevertheless, a monument to what they can accomplish as a corps. Maybe something we will all point to for a long time and say, yeah, this is what a champ can do when the chips are down. No matter where they end up.

I'm very proud of them either way.

I was impressed with Dan's take on things. It was open and honest, when the response could have just as easily been to turn inward and be unresponsive. This is a corps that sees value in all kinds of lessons, obviously--perhaps there is value in what has happened and they recognize it. The situation doesn't give them a lot of time to work with, but it's not impossible for them to right the ship and astound us. I believe in them--the staff and especially the members. There's no reason not to believe in the members--they are giving us all they have.

The corps is a great group this year (of course, I think that every year, but still, they're amazing), and if they can pull this out, it will be, IMO, as amazing an achievement as last year's production. Perhaps for different reasons, but nevertheless, a monument to what they can accomplish as a corps. Maybe something we will all point to for a long time and say, yeah, this is what a champ can do when the chips are down. No matter where they end up.

I'm very proud of them either way.

Well said; Cheers!