Murfreesboro Synapsis

From the perspective as a performer and fan. As a performer I didn't like domes for a few reasons. For starters I prefer to march on "grass" and not artificial turf. And I marched before the majority of domes started going to the "field turf" surface. Which is better but still not the same as marching on a beautiful low cut natural grass field. Most domes were bad because you would warm up outside in 88-95 degree heat and then have to perform in an air-conditioned environment. So tuning issues are more common. And sometimes going from a very hot environment to a cool one will mess with you. It's also harder to hear what's around you. And the echo is pretty evident on the field. As a fan I just don't like the muffled sound. Depending on where you are sitting, it can range from pretty good to awful. Very hard to hear clarity of bass lines and low brass. Just my opinion.

Ya know, I gotta disagree - there are very few "perfect" fields out there, and even at Finals - which you would think would have a well manicured field due to the importance of the event - I've been able to find divots both years (one of them #### near causing me to lose my balance at the very end of "RED", and right when I was at the very front of a standing formation no less). Astroturf and the second-gen stuff also accents a really nice roll step, making it look outrageous. Staff usually knows how to tune the corps for the temperature differential, so that's not really an issue, and the cooler temperatures were always welcome. I never found the echo to be a big deal as a performer because I'm not supposed to be listening to cues, I'm supposed to be watching the DM or keeping internal count; and as a fan, the echo would make the most beautiful ringing releases "ring" that much more.

I like all the pwetty colors :thumbup:

Seriously though, you were in the lot when Crown and Cavs were on the field?! Besides that, not too bad!

Was your first quote taken from DG tapes? You know who I mean right? :drool: