Greendale--Ray and Dots Legion Post 416, WI

This is the official thread! Mods please merge into here! (OK, had to try!!)

It is so nice to see a great open class show in MY town!

It was also nice to see my old corps, the Velvet Knights at the show!

Greendale HS did a very nice job hosting the show and taking care of the incoming corps. VK actually had to stay at a Cudahy Catholic grade school for the first night, and were very warmly welcomed. Nice facility! Greendale HS took care of everything from there on out. Our guard staff was even able to sew "THE SHARK" and put it into the show tonight!

Kudos to Greendale for not only hosting a great show, but for getting MY corps into MY town, which is a first in VK history!.

Edited by BigDale

Sweet! I'm hoping VK finishes strong! I'm looking forward to seeing them in Indy!

American Legion? Catholic school? Play this old timer some mountain music, like grandma and grampa used to play. I'm likin' it. Good luck! :thumbup:

This is the official thread! Mods please merge into here! (OK, had to try!!)

It is so nice to see a great open class show in MY town!

It was also nice to see my old corps, the Velvet Knights at the show!

Greendale HS did a very nice job hosting the show and taking care of the incoming corps. VK actually had to stay at a Cudahy Catholic grade school for the first night, and were very warmly welcomed. Nice facility! Greendale HS took care of everything from there on out. Our guard staff was even able to sew "THE SHARK" and put it into the show tonight!

Kudos to Greendale for not only hosting a great show, but for getting MY corps into MY town, which is a first in VK history!.

Woot!

Thank you Dale! Thanks to your town for being such a wonderful host.

Here's to VK making finals this year!!! :thumbup: I'm keeping my fingers (and toes and arms and legs) crossed and hoping for the best! Go get em kids!!! :drool::mad:

Here's to VK making finals this year!!! :thumbup: I'm keeping my fingers (and toes and arms and legs) crossed and hoping for the best! Go get em kids!!! :thumbup::worthy:

It is the 25th Anniversary of our first DCI finals performance at Nationals.

Our onfield warmup, in '84, was the chorale from "Animal House", which is the chorale from Brahm's "Academic Festival Overture".

I think there may be something very nice coming for our fans!

It is the 25th Anniversary of our first DCI finals performance at Nationals.

Our onfield warmup, in '84, was the chorale from "Animal House", which is the chorale from Brahm's "Academic Festival Overture".

I think there may be something very nice coming for our fans!

Looking at their scores tonight I think it's very likely! I so hope so!! Go Meg!! Love you!!! :thumbup:

Looking at their scores tonight I think it's very likely! I so hope so!! Go Meg!! Love you!!! :thumbup:

GuardMom...they are so good! They had a "dropless" show at Greendale and are the best! I wonder if the judges sometimes don't understand the level of difficulty that they are achieving. If the judges don't, that is OK, because the fans and others do.

I heard this really loud "click". Sort of like the auld Racine Kilties guard did back in the '70's. I thought it was a drum stick click. It was not...they soon did about 9 or 10 other really high tosses, with that same "click" sound. I asked the guard staff after the show if that was normal for guards, to toss really high and "stick" the catches. Evidently it is not and many of their competition corps don't have this type of writing in their shows. No disrespect to the higher level corps, with much larger guards. Perhaps credit should be given to guards that have and perform a difficult book. I realize that it is much harder to get 24 girls to stick, but it should be very large credit to those that can...even if it is only a dozen or so.

And I am just an old contrabass tuba player. It is so obvious to me...it should be to the judges too!!!

GuardMom...they are so good! They had a "dropless" show at Greendale and are the best! I wonder if the judges sometimes don't understand the level of difficulty that they are achieving. If the judges don't, that is OK, because the fans and others do.

I heard this really loud "click". Sort of like the auld Racine Kilties guard did back in the '70's. I thought it was a drum stick click. It was not...they soon did about 9 or 10 other really high tosses, with that same "click" sound. I asked the guard staff after the show if that was normal for guards, to toss really high and "stick" the catches. Evidently it is not and many of their competition corps don't have this type of writing in their shows. No disrespect to the higher level corps, with much larger guards. Perhaps credit should be given to guards that have and perform a difficult book. I realize that it is much harder to get 24 girls to stick, but it should be very large credit to those that can...even if it is only a dozen or so.

And I am just an old contrabass tuba player. It is so obvious to me...it should be to the judges too!!!

It's Drum Corps version of a sport conducive to kings and queens, and there's nothing like that "click" that says it. :thumbup:

My daughter is the guard captain and she would be so proud to see those words!! It gave me chills. I am looking forward to getting up at 5am (or thereabouts) to watch them on fan network for semis!!! I hope the judges start realizing the talent of these kids and score them accordingly. They are so much more than they are given credit for! :thumbup: