Quarter final play by play?

Except for the recaps. Rankings are all over the place--just in terms of the recap itself. Well, I've posted them at From The Pressbox for further viewings. Conspirators to the rescue!!!

Go Devils,

Gregg

:thumbup:

I don't know. Browsing the caps, I don't see a lot of "outliers." I don't see very many cases where a corp scored very high in most captions - then plummeted in another.

Citations placed 9th in percussion and 11th in percussion tech. That is the score that strikes me as odd, at first glance. But by the same token, they won color guard, and the margin is a whole point over BDB in that caption. That is keeping them in the race.

When you look at the 4-8 spots, things do get muddled. CR scored as high as 3 and as low as 10 in some caps. But that is a very close group, so I would expect to see the caption ranks to be all over the place, when I look at those 4.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last year Citations won guard and then placed something like 14th in percussion and prelims (and then 12th at finals). So that's pretty much the widest gap you could have. citations won the whole visual caption actually, but got 4th in overall GE and 5th in overall music. Strange.

Edit: won not own

Edited by powerfulsound

Deja Vu will history repeat itself ???

Tuesday August 5th, 2008

1. Blue Devils B 96.150

2. Santa Clara Cadets 93.800

Difference in scores 1.35 Points

Tuesday August 4th, 2009

1. Blue Devils B 93.550

2. Santa Clara Cadets 92.250

Difference in scores 1.30 Points

Something to think about !!!!

Well last year Citations won guard and then placed something like 14th in percussion and prelims (and then 12th at finals). So that's pretty much the widest gap you could have. citations won the whole visual caption actually, but got 4th in overall GE and 5th in overall music. Strange.

Edit: won not own

No one seems to be talking about the story of the night... which is..... Music City.

Here is a first year corps, that scored a 63 at their first show ever, two weeks ago in Van Buren, Arkansas.

Even at the Dayton show, two nights ago, they pulled a 72. The threshold for finals is going to be right at about 80.

They have no shot, right? Wrong!

Tonight, they sit just .7 behind 7th Regiment for the final spot. And they have been gaining a point a day. They could be the 12th spot - or maybe even higher - after scores are read on Friday. How could that happen?

They may be the fastest-rising thing to come out of Memphis since Elvis' jet plane!

Deja Vu will history repeat itself ???

Tuesday August 5th, 2008

1. Blue Devils B 96.150

2. Santa Clara Cadets 93.800

Difference in scores 1.35 Points

Tuesday August 4th, 2009

1. Blue Devils B 93.550

2. Santa Clara Cadets 92.250

Difference in scores 1.30 Points

Something to think about !!!!

Lol...I think the judges are trying to screw with BDB's head...but...I think they are just too good this year and

too focused. They are much better than last year (scores notwithstanding) so that means Scvc will have to be

much better as well. Not saying lightning cannot strike twice, but not likely.

Cali.

Edited by Calistar

Well done to the BDB organization, and their supporters.

This sets up a three-way battle for first place on Friday, and Saturday as well. Two points separate the top 3 corps - and that difference can be made up in 4 days.

Teal are sandwiched between the top 3, and the next group, CR/Raiders/Revo/OC. That group will battle it out for 5-8.

VK should be safely in the finals, currently in the 9 hole. Memphis and Legends should also make it, unless they really falter.

That leaves a battle between 7th and MC, for the final spot.

On the whole, things went pretty much according to plan. Now the conspiracy theory freaks can go away and leave us alone, for the next 72 hours. Go back to cruising Ebay, looking for relics from the alien landing at Roswell.

Looks like it's going to be a great semi finals!!! Great job VK! Knock em dead at semis!!

No one seems to be talking about the story of the night... which is..... Music City.

Here is a first year corps, that scored a 63 at their first show ever, two weeks ago in Van Buren, Arkansas.

Even at the Dayton show, two nights ago, they pulled a 72. The threshold for finals is going to be right at about 80.

Tonight, they sit just .7 behind 7th Regiment for the final spot. And they have been gaining a point a day. They could be the 12th spot - or maybe even higher - after scores are read on Friday. How could that happen?

They may be the fastest-rising thing to come out of Memphis since Elvis' jet plane!

They're from Nashville.

They're from Nashville.

You are correct. I stick behind the premise of my last post. Their story is really amazing.

Music City = Nashville, not Memphis. Nashville is in Middle Tennessee which is Tennessee's competitive marching hotspot. Memphis is on the western edge of the state. That being said, this new corps received DCI approval to tour their first year and is now less than a point away from making finals. Well done, Music City.

Was out at a meeting and just NOW saw scores! Way to go BDB!!!! :thumbup:

Congrats to all the corps!

Edit: was looking at the recap, why is there "0" in the music average for everyone?

Edited by Guard-Dad