DCI Open Class coverage

Not a lot of love shown for the Citations in the article, is there?

Not a lot of love shown for the Citations in the article, is there?

I noticed that as well, and was a bit irritated (as a Citations parent). Could be lots of reasons for it, but still, they were totally skipped.

but they had a nice little spot for the Blue Saints deaf drummer,

I noticed that as well, and was a bit irritated (as a Citations parent). Could be lots of reasons for it, but still, they were totally skipped.

I was also irritated with the article, but I can definitely tell you that the CITATIONS were there and they did indeed place 3rd with a 91.200 which was a 2 point span over the 4th place finisher, Teal Sound. I was at the show last night in Michigan City, Indiana and the CITATIONS proved that they can hold there own against the big boys! They are now ready and want more...not going to settle for just 3rd, so look out big boys! And Drum Corps International should be ashamed of themselves for not mentioning the CITATIONS 3rd place finish.

I was also irritated with the article, but I can definitely tell you that the CITATIONS were there and they did indeed place 3rd with a 91.200 which was a 2 point span over the 4th place finisher, Teal Sound. I was at the show last night in Michigan City, Indiana and the CITATIONS proved that they can hold there own against the big boys! They are now ready and want more...not going to settle for just 3rd, so look out big boys! And Drum Corps International should be ashamed of themselves for not mentioning the CITATIONS 3rd place finish.

Wow. I see your frustration but based on the article it looks like it was just a mistake and nothing more. Just my opinion.

Wow. I see your frustration but based on the article it looks like it was just a mistake and nothing more. Just my opinion.

Somebody please tell me why Citations won visual. Is it the color guard?

I don't think it was a mistake nor a slight of the corps. The article jumped from the top two corps to a couple lower in the ranks to a couple even lower and so forth. Not every corps got mentioned. The writer approached it, apparently, by pulling from different places in the rankings to get reactions from every tier of the ranks. I imagine the writer couldn't visit every corps to get quotes.

Their scores are coming from field level judging, visual performance and guard. From the box they aren't getting the same scores, but two thirds of the visual caption they are a mile ahead of the competition.