Drum Corps in TIME Mag Online

This is like the new visitor to Disney who sees Mission Space as a revolutionary new ride

or the hardcore Disney fan who sees an old classic that appeals to everyone replaced by a cheap spinning simulator

The new visitor doesn't know what the past is or the significance of it. Meanwhile the hardcore complain about it. In the end, more visitors is a good thing. Thus, any exposure is good exposure. People who don't know drum corps want straight up entertainment value. They don't care who revolutionized what. They wanna look at something and say "oh cool." On that note, I think Time did well. Sure, I would have chosen some other cool shows that highlight visual awesomeness(I can think of a few cavies shows) but I think we should be happy DCI is getting national attention.

That's like saying a baseball fan does not know about the teams of the past or cares about it. You need to expose people to the earlier years so they see and understand how far the activity has come. This would lead to a better appreciation of the art. Sure Time did well and I think the exposure is great.

"don´t forget yor history nor your destiny." =Bob Marley

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"in this great future you can`t forget your past."-Bob Marley