lucas oil contract

ok so this is from "Top five in medal contention after World Class Quarterfinals" on DCI's page

"Carolina Crown trumpet player Tanner Smith said he really enjoyed performing in the stadium, which will be the home of the DCI World Championships for nearly the next decade."

However, that was not the wording it had when the article first came out. Instead of saying....for nearly the next decade....it said .....through 2012.

Any idea why it would say 2012 when the 10 year contract goes though what...2017? Also, why did they go back and change their wording later in the day??

ok so this is from "Top five in medal contention after World Class Quarterfinals" on DCI's page

"Carolina Crown trumpet player Tanner Smith said he really enjoyed performing in the stadium, which will be the home of the DCI World Championships for nearly the next decade."

However, that was not the wording it had when the article first came out. Instead of saying....for nearly the next decade....it said .....through 2012.

Any idea why it would say 2012 when the 10 year contract goes though what...2017? Also, why did they go back and change their wording later in the day??

One can only hope that DCI is getting out of this contract or, at the very least, shortening the deal.

According to wikipedia (meaning I have no idea whether or not it's accurate), finals are not at Lucas Oil in 2014. They are from now-2013 and 2015-2018. Can anyone verify that?

According to wikipedia (meaning I have no idea whether or not it's accurate), finals are not at Lucas Oil in 2014. They are from now-2013 and 2015-2018. Can anyone verify that?

That is correct. There is a major church convention that has booked practically all the rooms in town for that weekend in 2014.

i wish they wouldn't have made it so long of a contract....i like finals being at a different place every year....now im going to have to travel to indy every year......lame

i wish they wouldn't have made it so long of a contract....i like finals being at a different place every year....now im going to have to travel to indy every year......lame

WGI goes to Dayton every year. (Well, someone was going to say it.)

Until I hear it for myself,,I am not condemning Lucas Oil Field

The Myan Calender ends in 2012, Signaling the end of the world according to Prophets and what not........

:tongue:

The Myan Calender ends in 2012, Signaling the end of the world according to Prophets and what not........

:tongue:

thank god for that