Records Broken TONIGHT!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD only won twice in the decade of the 80s: 82 and 86. Decades run from year 1 through year 0. Their win in 1980 counts as a win for the 70s.

Technically correct. They still have 13 titles.

Most world champions ever fielded by an organization in a year (BD, over 280 performers).

Sounds like a way of trying to rub it in towards certain people. :tongue:

BD only won twice in the decade of the 80s: 82 and 86. Decades run from year 1 through year 0. Their win in 1980 counts as a win for the 70s.

This is incorrect. In our society we don't count decades starting from year #1.... we refer to decades as what they are called... what they look like on paper. 1980 is part of the 80's..... 1990 is part of the 90s.... calling it anything different is ridiculous. We call the decade the 80s because all of the years begin with a 19Eightysomething.

Forget years.... what about numbers? Do you consider the number 70 not one of the 70s?

Sorry for the rant.... this argument just really irks me sometimes.

Technically correct. They still have 13 titles.

Ah, man... not the millennium argument again. :tongue:

I understand the args on both sides of the debate, both the folks holding scientifically true to the Gregorian for ordinal point of ref, and those that opt for common sense cardinal app.

Personally, I prefer to ref the '80 as the '80s and not the '80's minus 1980, plus 1990. But that's me.

True, but BD winning last year would have changed a ton about this year.

What exactly do you think it would have changed?..... I honestly don't think it would have changed much., but I would like to hear what you think.

Lol. As if.

Semantically speaking, it is true.

Put it this way, if you started a calendar right now would it be August 9th, 00? No, it would be August 9th 01 (year number 1). Thus the 10th year would be the final year of the FIRST decade, NOT they first year of the second one.

But I lived 1980, it had much more of an 80's feel to it than 70's. Plus it works better for the BD "consistently champs" angle. :tongue: