Question on old VK show

Had to be the Phoenix show late June, on the infamous HEATDEATH tour that killed many a bus. The kids from Sacramento know what I am talking about. I still have no memory of this, so it could have been staff. I am not sure what was so secret that we had to hide...the goofy colored panels maybe. Stomping your tape seems like something the Eldar twins might have done, but not really. Gary, do you remember any of this?

It was insanely hot that summer and I couldn't believe y'all were out there practicing after 10 a.m.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he thinks I have my time frame wrong -- it was the new high school and it wasn't built until 1987. I still remember it as 1985. So my memory could be very, very faulty. I think I would've remembered 1987 ... that was the field shark year, right?

It was insanely hot that summer and I couldn't believe y'all were out there practicing after 10 a.m.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he thinks I have my time frame wrong -- it was the new high school and it wasn't built until 1987. I still remember it as 1985. So my memory could be very, very faulty. I think I would've remembered 1987 ... that was the field shark year, right?

I cannot speak for my little brothers from '87 and only they can define the use of the shark in '87. My corps had the two little backfield DM's, walking hand in hand, being followed by the shark. They turn and see it and start running, as it starts chasing them fast. I am not sure if it was in the show in late June and that would have been our third show or so. And yes it was stupid hot that week. Drill in the am, ensemble in the pm, show at night IIRC.

Had to be the Phoenix show late June, on the infamous HEATDEATH tour that killed many a bus. The kids from Sacramento know what I am talking about. I still have no memory of this, so it could have been staff. I am not sure what was so secret that we had to hide...the goofy colored panels maybe. Stomping your tape seems like something the Eldar twins might have done, but not really. Gary, do you remember any of this?

I don't know anything about any video taping. But I have some specific memories of this school which I am probably better off not posting here.

Could be that I am thinking of '86 though.

Phoenix, El Paso, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Norman, Greeley, that was a terrible terrible tour. So hot, all the time. Greeley was especially bad.

I am sure that we had no volunteers on staff at that point though.