interesting idea

I was thinking today about how we compare shows from season to season. What if DCI told corps for one season to pick their favorite show that they have done this decade and 2010 had them all pitted together. so then we could see how 1930 compared to the zone and to frameworks. Obviously the members arent the same so it may be different outcomes. but I still think it would be a cool season! i dont know maybe ive been at work too long and its a stupid idea haha. what do you think.

Well that's primarily the purpose of the countdown nowadays.

What would be REALLY interesting would be if a corps could pick an all-time show. How would Frameworks fare against Phantom of the Opera, Spartacus (or New World Symphony), etc. etc.

THAT would be a season.

Would they have the same drill as the first time (the 22 new members would need drill this time around would change a lot)?

Would they have the same drill as the first time (the 22 new members would need drill this time around would change a lot)?

ummm i guess they could change it. i didnt really think about particulars like that. i just thought. it might be cool. who knows maybe with 22 more people frameworks would have got a perfect 100!!! hahah jk

There would have to be too many exceptions. Some corps are the best they've ever been now, and wouldn't want to go back to an earlier show (Crown), and some corps aren't quite as good as they used to be (Madison Scouts), and would have trouble executing the corps best shows of years past. But I know this is only an idea for fun, so I'll try not to spoil it for you. I mean there are so many other problems they would run into that don't make this idea the slightest bit practical.

Wouldn't be very fair to the corps who would pick shows from earlier in the decade compared to corps who would pick shows from the last year or two.

Next year BD will still have plenty of members who originally marched 1930. The Cavaliers will have 0 members who marched Frameworks.

Wouldn't be very fair to the corps who would pick shows from earlier in the decade compared to corps who would pick shows from the last year or two.

Next year BD will still have plenty of members who originally marched 1930. The Cavaliers will have 0 members who marched Frameworks.

A "Best of the 90's" year would solve the returning member problem. Also, I think you could alleviate some of the talent problem by heavy advertising of the concept before people audition. Top players would be more likely to go to, say, Boston if they knew they could march their 2000 show, or Glassmen if they knew they could march their 2001 show. Sure people would still flock to shows like Frameworks and Spartacus, but I think it would be a more even playing field than your average year.

Shows I would suggest:

Blue Devils 2003 - Phenomenom of Cool

Crown 2009 - The Grass is Always Greener

HNC 2005 - The Zone: Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door

Cavaliers 2002 - Frameworks

SCV 2004 - Scheherazade

Bluecoats 2007 - Criminal

Boston Crusaders 2000 - Red

Phantom Regiment 2008 - Spartacus

Blue Stars 2008 - Le Tour: Every Second Counts

Glassmen 2001 - Imago

Blue Knights 2006 - Dark Knights (or 2001 - Blue Tunes :doh: )

Troopers 2009 - Western Side Story

Colts 2001 - Chivalry (or 2009, it's a tough choice)

The Academy 2009 - The Ascent

Madison Scouts 2005 - The Carmen Project

Crossmen 2001 - Late Night Jazz

Spirit 2002 - Darkness Into Light

Mandarins 2006 - Rhythm Nation

Pacific Crest 2007 - What Happens in Vegas

Jersey Surf 2009 - Mozart Effect

Pioneer 2000 - Dances of Brigadoon

Seattle Cascades 2002 - City Riffs: The Music of Leonard Bernstein

Southwind 2000 (maybe this time they can break into finals?)

It would be interesting to see 16 finalist shows trying for 12 finals spots.

Edited by boilerman_05