Thank you PrimeTime Brass!

I want to thank the members of Prime Time Brass of Rochester for assisting me in performing at an event on behalf of HonorFlight Rochester, an organization that flies WWII vets to visit the WWII Memorial in DC.

Anyone who has ever volunteered for one of these trips has found it to be one of most emotional moments of their life.

I've known the organizers of Honor Flight through OperationTaps for a while. When they called me to tell me they were having this event to thank one of the local TV stations and The Legacy Assisted Living Center, they asked if I could put together some patriotic music and play Taps at the end of the event. I called Prime Time Brass and they really rose to the occasion.

The organizers were blown away and the WWII vets and their families were gushing with appreciation.

Thank You Prime Time Brass !

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Good thinking...you called the right guys for that gig!

DA

Tom it was for me an honor and a pleasure to play for our veteran's and there families and everyone else in PTB felt the same way. Honor Flight is something every WWII vet should be able to attend and you are an amazing person the way go out and do this and Taps Across America to.

I would like to personally thank all my friends at Prime Time Brass for performing at the reunion. I know how much you guys do for our community and especially our vets and the elderly and disabled. Thank you for sharing the gift of music.

I would also like to thank Tommy Allen for everything he has done in making sure every vet has live taps played at their funeral. if you look at the picture taken on Thursday, you will notice Tommy sitting in on the performance

My father who is 85 and a WWII vet was on the Father's Day weekend flight, I went as his Guardian. We had plans to attend the event on Thursday but dad had a gallbladder attack two weeks ago which cancelled plans. Dad is recovering slowly and still has to have surgery when he regains his strength.

Honor Flight is a nation wide organization founded on the belief that every WWII veteran should be able to visit their memorial which was finally built in 2004, 50 years long overdue IMHO. The average age of WWII vets is 85 and we are loosing 1200 a day, this is a time sensitive issue. The memorial is centrally located on the mall between the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument. The WWII Memorial is breathtaking and I suggest everyone who hasn't seen it to pay a visit.

Our trip was only the third from Rochester, but Vince Hope and all the volunteers that help make this happen, have gotten this down to a science. taking 57 vets plus wheelchairs and baggage on and off planes and on and off busses is a logistics nightmare, but everything ran like a Swiss watch. The vets pay nothing, the money is donated by people like you.

If you are interested in helping, please visit www.honorflight.org Those that live in the Rochester area can go to www.honorflightrochester.org

With much appreciation, :thumbup:

Benny Wilt

IMG_0487-1.jpg

Edited by bariforhire