Live Posting from South Saint Paul

High energy from the Kilties tonight. Crowd loved 'em.

The show has a couple of very very exciting moments, particularly the end of the second movement when the horn line comes racing toward the audience in full "Braveheart" mode.

Some opportunities to polish still exist, particularly in the visual program.

Congrats Kurt and all the Kilties! All of DCA-C will be pulling for you to make finals this year.

Minnesota Brass up next :). 58 horns, 32 percussion, 32 guard. A great night in South Saint Paul!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

High energy from the Kilties tonight. Crowd loved 'em.

The show has a couple of very very exciting moments, particularly the end of the second movement when the horn line comes racing toward the audience in full "Braveheart" mode.

Some opportunities to polish still exist, particularly in the visual program.

Congrats Kurt and all the Kilties! All of DCA-C will be pulling for you to make finals this year.

Minnesota Brass up next :). 58 horns, 32 percussion, 32 guard. A great night in South Saint Paul!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MBI !!!!

MBI did well. Course I've seen this show a few hundred times!

Great moments to look for (IMHO) include the weapons feature in the opener, Jackies beautiful solo in the ballad (kinda hard to miss) as well as a sweet little bari feature on the 30 yd line side two, and the drum feature in the closer.

Great performance! I know this corps still has a few more in them that will be even better!

Our mini corps, Minne-Brass is up next while the scores are tabulated. Features cartoon music such as Batman and The Incredibles.

Vigilantes just finishing. Fun, nice show! Great integration of their theme from the opening form of a baseball diamond to tossing a baseball to a judge.

First song really got the crowd going. Second piece had a great deal of exposed moments which were a little weak. Third song was "take me out to the ballgame,". 10 horn members turned in their horns and grabbed contras, then the DM invited the audience to sing along. Fun. Closer was also strong.

Great job Vigilantes!

Lakeshoremwn now up. 20 horns, no battery, 6 pit, 7 color guard. Moody Blues show.

Ten Contras? That Treatur guy must have some bucks. I like the Contra Feature concept.

Minne-Brass was lots of fun. I don't want to spoil the visual surprises they have, but there are a couple in the show that really work well. I never thought I'd say this, but the show needs MORE SCHTICK!

Scores next in a few moments.

Man, I should have been there. Ran out of funds and couldn't make it. Thanks for giving a blow by blow.

SCORES!

Lakeshoremen 63.113

Vigilantes. 72.4

Govenaires 80.325

Kilties. 82.525

Minnesota Brass. 92.313

Thanks MBIBari..it was like I was there :thumbup:

Lakeshoremwn now up. 20 horns, no battery, 6 pit, 7 color guard. Moody Blues show.

Were they in judged exhibition? 33 < 35...