Pittsfield RED KNIGHTS Website

9030_1123550489685_1254803364_335622_5662249_n.jpg

Hi, If you would like to check out the progress on our website click this link:

www.pittsfieldredknights.homestead.com . Please keep in mind this is still a work in progress, but when it's finished I'll move it over to a Domain, and the "homestead" will be gone from the link name. There will be more info to check out and more options to choose from, so keep checking back if you like.

THANKS,

Paul Christopher

Director / Business Manager

PITTSFIELD RED KNIGHTS

DRUM & BUGLE CORPS

VFW Post # 448

Pittsfield, Massachusetts

paulchris0214@verizon.net

cell: 1 (413) 281-1216

Troy Scott

Assistant Director (Providence, RI area)

s8258111@yahoo.com

cell: 1 (401) 659-6903

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your website says that you have started rehearsals already...

Here are some questions relating to that:

• how did it go

• what music are you playing at this time

• what are you planning for the future

• do you have equipment for incoming members in all areas

Inquiring minds need to know. I am from RI and like to keep informed as to what's going on in New England drum corps.

Your website says that you have started rehearsals already...

Here are some questions relating to that:

• how did it go

• what music are you playing at this time

• what are you planning for the future

• do you have equipment for incoming members in all areas

Inquiring minds need to know. I am from RI and like to keep informed as to what's going on in New England drum corps.

Hi MBbabe, Thanks for asking. The first horn rehearsal went well. The music part went well, but the numbers were hurting (7 horns). This was an impromptu rehearsal just to see what the music sounds like. Several of our members are from Providence, RI, and this week we just picked up another mellophoine player from Providence. So, this Saturday's horn rehearsal, we should have 8 horns. I don't sugar coat anything, you will hear it as it is. We seem to have more drummers that horns at this point. But, that's OK.

The music we are playing is not traditional drum corps type music. We are playing Soul and Rhythm and Blues music. Ex. the soul ballad "Natural High" by the Bloodstones, and

"Funky Good Time" by James Brown. You can hear both of these on several Youtube sites. We are also playing "Mr. Wonderful" from the 1950's Broadway play. I want to use this as a colorguard presentation to present the American flag and honorguard. The Soul music is what we plan on playing for the future. It is my belief that a hornline can be made to sound like a Funlk dance band. I olayed trombone in an 8 piece Soul band for many years, and this is what I want our hornline to sound like. Right now we are looking for used horns (preferablly G pitched 3-valve) and drums. If a number of people came into the rehearsal this Saturday ... No ... we would not have the horns to give them.

Thats the facts ... hope I answered your questions ... Paul C.

www.pittsfieldredknights.homestead.com . Please keep in mind this is still a work in progress, but when it's finished I'll move it over to a Domain, and the "homestead" will be gone from the link name. There will be more info to check out and more options to choose from, so keep checking back if you like.

THANKS,

Paul Christopher

PITTSFIELD RED KNIGHTS

DRUM & BUGLE CORPS

VFW Post # 448

Troy Scott

s8258111@yahoo.com

ppp

:thumbup:

Hi MBbabe, Thanks for asking. The first horn rehearsal went well. The music part went well, but the numbers were hurting (7 horns). This was an impromptu rehearsal just to see what the music sounds like. Several of our members are from Providence, RI, and this week we just picked up another mellophoine player from Providence. So, this Saturday's horn rehearsal, we should have 8 horns. I don't sugar coat anything, you will hear it as it is. We seem to have more drummers that horns at this point. But, that's OK.

The music we are playing is not traditional drum corps type music. We are playing Soul and Rhythm and Blues music. Ex. the soul ballad "Natural High" by the Bloodstones, and

"Funky Good Time" by James Brown. You can hear both of these on several Youtube sites. We are also playing "Mr. Wonderful" from the 1950's Broadway play. I want to use this as a colorguard presentation to present the American flag and honorguard. The Soul music is what we plan on playing for the future. It is my belief that a hornline can be made to sound like a Funlk dance band. I olayed trombone in an 8 piece Soul band for many years, and this is what I want our hornline to sound like. Right now we are looking for used horns (preferablly G pitched 3-valve) and drums. If a number of people came into the rehearsal this Saturday ... No ... we would not have the horns to give them.

Thats the facts ... hope I answered your questions ... Paul C.

THANKS,

Paul Christopher

PITTSFIELD RED KNIGHTS

DRUM & BUGLE CORPS

VFW Post # 448

Troy Scott

s8258111@yahoo.com

THANKS,

Paul Christopher

PITTSFIELD RED KNIGHTS

DRUM & BUGLE CORPS

VFW Post # 448

Troy Scott

s8258111@yahoo.com

pppp

Paul,

Nice job so far.

How about adding a private area for members on the site?

Call is something like the "RED" ZONE :tongue: ?

Also a Recruitment page with online Member Interest form?

Keep in touch.

Dano :devil:

Edited by skybusmgr

Paul,

Nice job so far.

How about adding a private area for members on the site?

Call is something like the "RED" ZONE :tongue: ?

Also a Recruitment page with online Member Interest form?

Keep in touch.

Dano :devil:

Hi Dan,

Those are Great Ideas !!

Yes I will do this when I can.

Thanks for the advice .... Great!!! .... Paul.