Who Gets A Greater Commitment, Madison or Star?

GregW

bad info

Edited by bmroth1

It’s my understanding none of the old Star staff have anything to do with Star Alumni. That the alumni are doing this show for themselves (and the fans) and on their own.

I don’t think they even have the rights to use the Star of Indiana name

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think this is an issue as presented by the OP

The old Star staff will be with Madison and has no official commitment the Star Alumni Corps

You are completely wrong. Most of the old Star staff, including Donnie VanDoren, Barry Hudson, etc, are overseeing the alumni corps. Matt Harloff, current brass caption head for Crown, and Star 93 drum major, is also conducting the corps during the performance...and he'll still be teaching Crown during the summer. I mean he does have a world championship to win, especially after winning his first Jim Ott as a caption head this past year.

GW,

Thought it was a fair and reasonable question, and as a Star alum (although not an active one) I certainly took no offense.

I do think there are numerous people around the Star organization who can fill these roles well, although it's always nice to have "the top dog" or "the original" around instead of his/her protege. My sense is these are adults who will find the right people to help, given the magnitude of their task. Some of the "overstretched" staff will be truly missed by this group, almost more for their ability to motivate and push the group than for their technical ability. But I suspect the level of motivation needed by a group of old farts in their 30's and 40's is considerably different than what they needed at, say, 19.

The cynic in me wonders how anyone on a top 6 staff, for example, will have a even a second to devote to this endeavor in the weeks (and particularly THE WEEK) before Finals, when they're so close to winning the show/caption/whatever that they've been working for all year. So hopefully the lines are full of more optimistic people than me!

As one of the oldest Star alums, I've got to tell you how much I enjoyed the Kingsmen reunion, and hope my corpsmates enjoy the experience and success you and your gang did!

Cheers!

Karen

Edited by kstein