Crossmen 2010 Visual Staff Announcement

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I have is that there is not a single Crossmen alum represented on the visual staff. These guys all look like talented people, but I would've liked to see at least one familiar name.

If success is the goal (and here I am defining success as "scoring higher"), then my opinion is that they are probably better off doing it this way. They have eliminated the potential that the newer folks (probably with a better feel for what it takes to succeed right now) would encounter resistance and be held back by other folks on the visual staff - who may not have the same philosophy or understand or appreciate that there are better/smarter ways to do things.

I know a good amout of the new staff, and i have full faith that they will do an amazing job. It may take a couple years, but they have the skills to turn it around in TX.. Just look at what a young staff did for crown the past 3 years! :devil:

If success is the goal (and here I am defining success as "scoring higher"), then my opinion is that they are probably better off doing it this way. They have eliminated the potential that the newer folks (probably with a better feel for what it takes to succeed right now) would encounter resistance and be held back by other folks on the visual staff - who may not have the same philosophy or understand or appreciate that there are better/smarter ways to do things.

It sounds to me like you are making a rash generalization, suggesting that all Crossmen alumni are incapable of adapting to new ways of doing things. I think you would find that many recent age-outs would eagerly buy into whatever the new guys may have to offer.

In fact, by this same logic, you would have to argue that any veteran Crossmen members will be a liability to the 2010 program. Clearly, returning members will cling to the "old way of doing things" and will resist the new visual staff. Therefore, in order for the corps to be successful, it must be made up entirely of rookies for the 2010 season.

I think you will find that your argument is rather unsound.

It sounds to me like you are making a rash generalization, suggesting that all Crossmen alumni are incapable of adapting to new ways of doing things. I think you would find that many recent age-outs would eagerly buy into whatever the new guys may have to offer.

In fact, by this same logic, you would have to argue that any veteran Crossmen members will be a liability to the 2010 program. Clearly, returning members will cling to the "old way of doing things" and will resist the new visual staff. Therefore, in order for the corps to be successful, it must be made up entirely of rookies for the 2010 season.

I think you will find that your argument is rather unsound.

Edited by Jerseyboy

like usual don't understand your post.

what does this have to do with the crossmen visual staff ? or are you just flaming for no good reason ?

About as much as the post I quoted....you know, the one where you wrote something, then decided against it, then left a blank post. Seems to happen alot...hence the putting your foot in your mouth. Pretty common saying...you may heard of it.

At least he does put his foot in his mouth... I'd say he's embarrassed the organization enough.

About as much as the post I quoted....you know, the one where you wrote something, then decided against it, then left a blank post. Seems to happen alot...hence the putting your foot in your mouth. Pretty common saying...you may heard of it.

arguing with kids who are not even in the game is not worth it sometimes.